An Offer [3]

The next morning Kennedy was up and got dressed in all black paired with a leather jacket that her parents gifted her during Christmas of last year. She made her way down the stairs with her suitcase that she had packed the night prior and saw her parents talking on the kitchen island.

They looked over at her and grinned. Stephanie turned around, passing her a plate of freshly cooked pancakes that were her favorite breakfast foods. Kennedy ate while she listened in on her parents' conversation, mainly about the upcoming tours and events that WWE had going on.

"Are you excited to see gramps, Kenny?" Her mom asked as she took Kennedy's now empty plate and put it in the dishwasher.

"I'm always happy to see gramps. This time I'm a little hesitant though, since he might be a little upset with me."

"Sure, he'll be upset for a good two seconds before babying you again. You girls are his weakness." Her dad said making both Stephanie and Kennedy laugh.

"Well, apparently we're your weakness too, dad." She quipped.

"Which reminds me, I have a gift for you." Paul dug his hand in his pockets before drawing out the delicate silver chain with the butterfly pendant dangling from it.

"You went to Tommy's last night?" She asked worriedly, seeing the necklace she knew she left at his apartment the day she ran out.

Stephanie sensed her daughter's apprehensiveness and placed a hand on her shoulder, looking at her "Dad and Uncle Shane took care of him. Don't worry, they didn't kill him, just sent him a warning, honey."

Kennedy nodded her head calmly and held up her hair as her father fastened the necklace. She brought her fingers up to play with the pendant. He got her the necklace because she was in his words his little butterfly. When she turned 21, it was a tremendous milestone for her, she no longer a baby but now a young woman. Paul thought it was fit that the butterfly symbolized his eldest daughter and first born. Though she transformed into a beautiful young lady, she was still his baby girl and home would be where he was whenever she needed it.

"We should get going. Grandpa apparently has some news for you." Paul told Kenny, and she nodded her head, gathering her things and heading out the door with her parents.

They flew on the company jet to the town where WWE had its next live show. Stephanie walked beside Paul and Kennedy, who's arms were linked and saying hello to their employees and a few superstars that walked past them.

Kennedy only came by once every year, not actually interested in the company. Sure, she would watch on television, but that was it. The only reason why she would come to shows were to see her dad wrestle or visit her grandpa. She couldn't blame the people who stared at her puzzled walking around with their bosses, not many people knew who she was.

"Here we are, you can head in. Mom and I have another meeting so we'll catch up with you in a bit." Paul told his daughter as they stood outside Vince's office.

"Okay, I'll see you later. Bye!" Kennedy waved off to her parents and took a deep breath before pushing open the door.

All eyes turned to the door as they watched a petite girl with long black hair and striking blue eyes step into the room. Vince laughed and got up out of his chair, waiting for the young woman to approach him.

"Gramps!" She exclaimed, striding over to pull him into a hug.

"Kenny! It's so nice to see you. Are you alright?" He asked, cupping her face and turning to examine her cheek.

"Yes, I'm better grandpa." She glanced around the room to see people staring at her, some were familiar faces she had met before. "I'm so sorry, I interrupted your meeting. I had no idea-"