The Ex [22]

"You're late, Levesque." Colby laughed, leaning against the ropes in the ring with Jon, Joe, and her dad. Some superstars around the ring chatting amongst themselves, getting ready for the live show in Houston.

Kennedy smirked and hoped up on the apron, Jon bearing down the ropes for her and giving her a kiss.

"Well, I have a very valid reason on why I'm late for training today." They all stared at her and she beamed, going to hug her dad.

"You and the rest of DX are getting inducted in this year's Hall of Fame!" She declared excitedly, swaying the hug around and pulling away to see his stunned expression.

"Are you being serious, Kenny? This isn't some sick joke of yours, is it?" She clicked her tongue and shook her head.

"Of course not dad. I got a call from gramps and he wanted me to tell you. Aren't you so thrilled!"

He hugged her again. "Thanks for telling me."

"Congrats Paul." All the men congratulated, giving him a handshake and a small hug before getting to training.

"So what do you have in mind for your finisher?" Joe inquired as she held him in a headlock.

"I'm not too sure — clothesline." She said pushing him against the ropes and ducking under his arm to deliver a clothesline.

"You want to make your mom tap or cover her?" Her dad snorted from the other corner of the ring, watching Joe and Kennedy carry on a match while still talking.

"Hate seeing mom in pain so I'll make it quick with a cover." She shot him a quick glance before taking Joe down with a spear of her own.

"Ouch!" Jon yelled out howling, picking Kennedy up.

"She packs a lot of strength in that tiny body of hers." Joe grunted, rubbing his ribs.

"It wasn't that bad, get up you gigantic baby." She held her hand out and helped him up, brushing off his shirt.

"We should probably start coming up with some finishers. Did you want to carry on the pedigree or maybe dirty deeds?" Jon offered.

"I was planning on using both of those moves in the actual match, but I really want my own finisher for when I start wrestling full time."

All of their eyes enlarged, and she crossed her arms against her chest, lifting her brows.

"What's with the surprise looks. Gramps said WrestleMania is my first match, not my last." Jon chortled at her sassiness and wrapped his arms around her frame.

"I'll support you in whatever you want to do, babe." She grinned and turned her head, giving him a peck on the lips.

"Thank god he can handle your sas." Her father grumbled, she shot him a glare that had him turning his head the other way.

Once Kennedy was all warmed up, she and the men started to pitch ideas for finishers that she would like. However, it wasn't easy. She wasn't as strong as they were to pick someone up and power bomb them into the mat, but she could use her tinyness and speed as an advantage.

"I was thinking maybe a springboard cutter, but I want to hit the top rope then flip over. I'll call it the princess switch. You know, because I am the new princess around here." She quipped, curtseying making them laugh.

"C'mon dad, you can be my test bunny." He groaned getting up and running a few moves with her before she put him in a three quarters headlock and ran towards the ropes at full speed, jumping way up to the top rope with some of her dad's assistance before turning and planting his face into the mat and going for the cover.