True Leader [36]

"So these on the right and left are actually the diamonds from my earrings that my mom, dad, and sisters got me one year for my birthday. I think I was like seventeen or something. Then this one in the middle, Jon actually picked it out." Kennedy gushed, explaining the diamonds that were on the ring to Colby and Joe, who sat across her from the table as they ate breakfast together.

"Aren't you creative?" Colby joked as he held Kennedy's hand, inspecting the ring that Jon got custom made.

"Had to make sure my girl had a one of a kind ring like herself." Jon smirked, slinging his arm around Kennedy, who blushed and pecked his cheek.

"Can't believe you guys are engaged, man. It feels like it was just yesterday when you asked her out." Joe smiled, admiring the couple who were like family to him.

"I'm just really happy. Everyone kept telling me that Jon was gonna propose, but I just didn't believe them because of how hectic everything was, you know?" Kennedy said, looking around and the boys nodded.

"Either way, I'm glad that it happened and I'm way excited to be your wife." Kennedy said happily, clapping her hands together before showing off her ring again, making the boys laugh.

"How are you planning to hide it from the fans though, since you two want to keep it all private?" Colby questioned, raising his brow.

"Well, first off, no one is going to stop me from rocking this ring. And gramps called me this morning and assured me we're not gonna bring up the ring on television and if I ever get asked about it during interviews, I'm going to say it was a gift." Kennedy smiled

"Technically, you're not wrong about the gift part." Joe pointed out as she nodded.

"One day, we're both going to be ready to come out with our relationship, but right now I just want us to still keep our individual careers without having to hear that either of us helped each other out to get where we are you know?" Kennedy said.

"Fuck them. I don't care what they think." Jon scoffed and Kennedy sighed, nodding her head.

"I know stud, but after everything that they put my mom and dad through, it'd just kill me to feel like we're repeating history again and having the media portray you as a guy who got where you were because of me rather than recognizing your talent." Kennedy said rubbing his arms as he nodded and smiled kissing her lips.

"Whatever you want, I want too, doll." She smiled and nodded her head.

"Fucking love birds." Colby muttered as Kennedy and Jon laughed and flipped him off.

_

"Future Mrs. Good is here." Kennedy giggled, prancing into her parents' office with her and Jon hooking arms.

Her mom laughed and got up from her seat, pulling her into a hug and giving her a kiss on the cheek. She still couldn't believe that her firstborn was engaged and was soon going to be starting her own family one day. She was also incredibly grateful that it was Jon, of all people. She knew Jon was the greatest guy for Kennedy and always treated her with the utmost respect and love that she deserved.

"I can't believe my baby is engaged." Stephanie said, pulling away from her daughter before giving Jon a hug.

"Me neither. They grow up so fast. It's like one day you're changing their poopy diapers, teaching them how to ride a bike, teaching them how to swim, taking them to practice, dropping and picking them up from school, watching them go to homecoming, teaching them how to drive-"

"Dad, I think we get it." Kennedy laughed, cutting her dad off on his tangent, walking over to him to give him a hug.

"Good luck spending the rest of your life with her, Jon. She's always going to be cutting you off." Paul joked as he rolled his eyes and Jon chuckled, reaching over to give her dad a hug.