Control [48]

Nobody told Kennedy or Jon how to deal with the news of finding out they were going to need to approach pregnancy in a different way, mostly because they didn't tell anyone. Like Kennedy requested, they kept the news to themselves because she didn't want questions and she most definitely didn't want pity. She faced that at one point in her life, and she really didn't need it again. There was only so much Jon could do to make her feel better, especially considering the fact that they weren't even trying to have a baby yet. Kennedy still had her run with Ashley, and while she knew that her focus should be on that, her fertility weighed on her mind too much.

To put it in simpler terms, she just felt as if she didn't have any control over anything anymore. She always thought that she'd be able to have a child the "traditional" way, but the news burst her bubble and in turn left her with anxiety and overwhelming feelings that she couldn't voice to Jon, even if she wanted to.

Her life simply revolved around Jon and Zoey, and while both of them were extremely important to her, she just wanted to do something for herself—have the feeling of finally being in control of something for herself. So she decided to go out with her friend, to try to get her mind off of her own issues and hopefully come up with something that would make her feel better or even filling the void of helplessness.

Kennedy sat across from Ashley as they had lunch together at a local cafe in the town they were in for the day. It was nice to have some alone time with her friends when she had the chance and wasn't too busy with work or taking care of Zoey. Today, Jon was kind enough to offer to watch their daughter for the whole day so she could get some much needed girl time with Ashley.

"Do you see any fans?" Kennedy muttered, hanging her head down low and pulling her hat down a little more to hide her.

"No, thank god." Ashley said, peeking out the window and seeing no one.

It was quite risky going out together since they were currently in a feud, and if any fans, especially the younger ones, saw them, they'd kinda be confused.

"So what did you and Jon do back at home?" Ashley asked since she knew Kennedy and Jon, plus Zoey, took a last week off to be in Vegas.

Kennedy chewed her chicken before speaking. "Jon's family came into town and we all hung out. Went to the beach, walked the strip, took them sightseeing, then Jon and I went to see a fertility doctor."

Ashley smiled. "How'd everything go? Smooth?"

Kennedy shrugged her shoulders and gave her a tight smile. "It was alright. They asked a lot of questions and we had to take a bunch of tests."

Her friend smiled excitedly and clapped her hands, "I'm so excited for you guys, you make great parents already."

"Thanks Ash." Kennedy forced a wide smile despite the hurting inside, and they continued to eat their food and talk about other things outside of work. That is before Kennedy brought up their match.

"I was thinking..." Kennedy dragged out, as Ashley was taking a sip of her water and rose her brow.

"Oh god, there's that sneaky look on your face." Ashley spoke, pointing her finger at her face where a smirk stood and her brow was raised.

"Whatever." Kennedy snorted and shook her off before continuing.

"What if we pitch to my grandfather that we have our match inside hell in a cell?" She proposed, and Ashley's eyes widened.

"Are you insane!" She replied in a whispered shout voice as Kennedy pouted.

"What! It's going to be my last match in who knows how long, so why not go big or go home, right?" Kennedy half lied, as if that was going to make Ashley budge.