Chapter 34

With shaking bloody hands rick cuts malices shirt exposing the bottom half of her pale stomach. Wrapping the cloth around her bleeding neck he cuts the zip ties holding her hands together. Quickly picking her up he runs back over to the dumpster to a waiting maggie. Merle and daryl run to the light maggie is holding up, "Hurry we have to hurry" rick mumbles trying to hold himself together while looking at an unconscious malice.Rick starts running as fast as he can with maggie daryl and merle behind him, away from the pit merle takes lead "They're all at the arena this way." He yells "You're not going anywhere with us" rick objects adjusting his grip on the unconscious woman in his arms. "Do you really wanna do this now" merle yells, looking at his half dead daughter in ricks arms he turns around and viciously kicks the metal wall affectively breaking the seal. "Come on rick let's go" daryl says pushing through the hole in the wall.

"A little help would be nice" merle yells agitated with the walkers coming in. Maggie holds the metal back so rick and malice can make it through the wall. Maggie shoots two  approaching walkers while rick holds malice closer. "We ain't got time for this" merle screams running away with daryl in tow "let's go." Daryl bellows looking at his neice before they all begin running behind merle. Running through the woods daryl often catches rick looking down at malices pale bloodied face before pulling her closer. "Glenn" maggie softly calls out before seeing him and the woman following behind. "Maggie oh thank God" rick looks back merle before looking at malice, maggie walks ahead putting her hand up in a calm gesture "We got a problem and I need you to stay calm." Glenn doesn't see his sister in ricks arms just merle walking behind daryl. Raising his gun he points it at merle anger running through his veins "What is he doing here" he yells moving closer daryl moving in front of his brother. "He helped us get out of there" "Yea right after lucille got he-" ricks words got cut off as the picture of malices smile turn into a gasp for air play in is mind.

Only then did glenn notice the girl rick is holding, she has her black tank top wrapped around her neck slowing the bleeding down. glenn's hand falls  from the air as he stares at his once sarcastic happy friend now covered in blood her color slowly fading away. "Is she dead wh-what happened" he stutters making the rest of the group looking at rick who keeps his eyes down on her face. Shaking his head he looks up eyes shifting from one person to the other "No she's still breathing for now but she needs to get to hershel before it's to late." His words are shakey as he tries not to think of loosing her. "It's to late put her out of her misery now before she turns" merle says breaking the sorrow filled silence. "Shut up" rick growls looking back at daryls brother and malices father "I'm just saying no use making her suffer if she's just gonna die." Merle puts is hand up in surrender sadness in his heart "You don't know what the hell your talking about" daryl yells looking at his brother hoping hershel can save her. Merle steps away from the tree he was leaning on "Y'all can't save her she's dead; end it now so she doesn't have to suffer it's that fuckin ea-" merles yelling gets cut off by glenn hitting him in the back of the head with his gun.

"Let's get her to the car" glenn suggests looking at ricks somber eyes. Slowly nodding he walks towards the car glenn opening the back door. Maggie gets in helping rick lay a cold lucille on the back seat, fear slowly creeping in as a few tears fall down her face landing on malices bloody one leaving streaks of white down her cheeks. Covering her up she slowly makes her way out shutting the door, putting her hand on Daryl's shoulder he looks at her wet eyes "She's gonna be fine" She mumbles trying to believe her own words.

Daryl nods feeling a numbing in his chest he walks over to a quiet rick "You good" he quickly asks pulling rick out of his thoughts. "I don't know" he mumbles looking up at his friend "What are we gonna do about merle" glenn asks while he and maggie walk up to the pair leaving the woman at the car. "He's our family" he grumbles looking over the three he calls family "It won't work" rick says "It's gotta" daryl objects looking at rick. "It'll stir things up" rick cuts him off "Mal is hurt and the governor is probably on his way to the prison right now merle knows how he thinks and we could use the muscle" Daryl adadds.