Chapter 9

I clench my jaw and pull the gun back slamming my back against the wall. "Well this just scrambles my eggs" I put the gun back into the bag and pick up my bat. "Well let's go figure out another plan" I huff both of us heading back to the building. When we make it back to the room rick slams the bag on the table. "Ooo kinky" I mumble then feel a slap on my arm, I look over to daryl "Stop" he murmers. I giggle knowing I get on his nerves some times "Them guns are worth more than gold, gold won't protect your family, put food on your table you willing to give that up for that kid." "Hey that kid is my brother" I hiss sticking my tongue out at daryl. "If I knew we might get glenn back I might agree but do you think that vato across the way is just going to hand him over." "Are you calling G a liar"

"Are you part of this you wanna hold onto your teeth" dary threatens, I roll my eyes and lean on the table "Do you trust his word rick." Rick looks at me for a second his eyes staying on my open wound, "No question is what are you willing to bet on it, could be more than them guns could be your life, glenn worth that to you."  Rick puts his revolver in it's holster. "The life I have I owe to him, I was nobody to glenn just some, idiot stuck in a tank he could of walked away but he didn't, neither will I." He states "So your just going to hand the guns over" "I didn't say that, there's nothing keeping you three here you should get out head back to camp, especially you malice."

"Glenn's my brother, I don't leave family." I say pushing myself off the table"And what do we tell your family." They start grabbing guns I get handed a shot gun. "Oh come on this is nuts" he whines I look back to the boy. daryl pushes him back down into the wall "Just do like G says" I look around the room "Sooo were ignoring him right." I see daryl shake his head I just smile hoping I lightened the mood a little bit. We get to the building daryl pushing the boy with a rifle on his back I'm walking behind him. The doors open all five of us walking in my finger hugging the trigger.  "I see my guns but there not all In the bag" "Oh I see the guy to hit me in the face with a bat." I wave at him everybody looks over at me. "What I thought we were naming things we see" I say sweetly.

"That's because there not yours, I thought I mentioned that." rick speaks "Let's just shoot these fools right now essay alright, unload on there asses." One of the men who took glenn say "I don't think you fully appreciate the gravity of the situation." Rick lowers his gun slightly "Noo I'm pretty clear, you have your man I want mine." He demands "I'm gonna chop up your boy I'm gonna feed him to my dogs, there the evilist, nastiest man eating bitches you ever saw I picked em up from Satan at a yard sale, I told you I won't hesitate are you wholefully deaf." G threatens my lips pulling back in a sneer "My hearings fine you said come locked and loaded, okay then we here." I cock my gun with rest of the group pointing it whoever I can "Chihuahua's."

Daryl glances over at me "What" I roll my eyes "I bet the dogs are Chihuahua's." A couple moments of tense silence goes by till I hear a new voice "Felipe, Felipe" I turn to the voice "abuela go back with the others, now" "Get that old lady out of the line of fire" daryl yells. "Now is that how you speak about your elders." I joke "Abuela listen to your Mijo okay this is not the place for you right now." I lower my weapon slightly so I don't hit her. She starts talking but I can't understand anything she's saying "He needs his medicine." Rick lowers his weapon slightly "Felipe go take care of it and take your grandmother with you." G orders "Abuela
Ven conmigo por favor" Filipe says in spanish turning around "Who are those men" she asks, "Woman" I call raising my hand.
"Don't you take him" she stayed rick lowers his weapon all the way "Ma'am."

"Felipe is a good boy, he had his troubles but he pull himself together, we need him here" she defends "Ma'am I'm no here to arrest your grandson" rick explains.  "Then why do you want him for" she questions "He's helping us find a missing person fella named glenn." "The Asian boy, he helping Mr. Yepin, come come I show you, he needs his medicine." She repeats grabbing ricks hand "Let em pass" I curtsey when I walk past guillermo. We walk through a yard then we're in another building full of old people. "Abuela por favor take me to him" as we continue to walk we come into this dining hall room and I see glenn. I drop my gun and run to him hugging him. "Woah"he calls when I start kissing his head.

"Mal I'm okay" he reassures, I stop kissing his head and let go of him his hands flying to my face. "Are you okay" he asks worriedly inspecting my face which probably doesn't look good cause I haven't wiped all the blood off. "Yea I'm fine" I mumble moving his hands away, the others walk up to the group "What the hell is this"rick growls "asthma attack couldn't get his breath all of a sudden" glenn explains.
"We thought you were being eaten by dogs man." Glenn turns around I follow his line if sight to see three Chihuahua's. "Ha called it" I call fist bumping the air, glenn gives me a confused look "Long story."

Rick walks off with Guillermo I turn back to glenn. "Next time you get abducted let it be by aliens please" glenn smiles which causes a smile on my face "Okay I'll see what I can do" I clap my hands "Yaaay" we turn around heading into another room. "Where's the rest of your crew" rick questions "The vatos trickle in to check on their parents their grandparents, they see how things are and most decide to stay it's a good thing to we need the muscle, the people we've incounterd since things fell apart the worst kind, plunderes, the kind that take by force." "That's not who we are"rick speaks "How was I to know my people got attacked and you show up with Miguel hostage, appearances." "Guess the world changed" "No it's the same as it ever was the weak get taken, so we do what we can here the vatos work on those cars talking about getting the old people out of the city, but most can't even get to the bathroom by themselves, so that's just a dream."

I tune everyone out trying to push my headache away,  I see rick hand him our guns. We leave and head back to the truck "Admit it you only came back to Atlanta for the hat" I laugh knowing how true it was "Don't tell anybody" "You've given away half our guns and ammo" daryl grunts ruining the moment "Not nearly half." "For what a bunch of old farts that's going to die momentarily now, seriously how long you think they got." Daryl exclaims "How long to any of us" We stop walking I look up to see no truck. "Uhhmm am I going crazy or wasn't there a truck there." "Oh my God" "Where the hell's out van" "We left it right there who the hell would take it."

"Merle" I look at daryl knowing what my dad would do "He's going to be taking some vengeance back to camp" Daryl says what I'm to nervous to say. We start walking till we get past the gate. Rick puts his arm on my shoulder "Think you can run." I clear my throat nervously "It's going to be very painful but yea I think so." Rick nods "Okay" a few moments later we start running. A couple miles in I can feel my lungs burn and my brain grow an elephant, The blood rushing in my ears and the pressure in my brain makes me want to pass out, but I do my best to push it back so we can make it back to camp.

It's dark by the time we get to the hill my legs are on fire, my lungs screaming for air and my head has a war going on inside it. We're almost at camp when we here gun shots and screaming. I force myself to push harder, we make it to camp and I swing my bat at the closest walker I keep going blocking out everything else so I can keep my strength in my arms. When all the walkers are down I look around and I see andrea holding a bloody amy. I step forward the world starts to spin faster then I. I see daryl run to me yelling but it's like my head is underwater. I hit the ground hard I feel a stick dig into my back when I daryl starts shaking me. "Ma- s-ay-ith-e" I see black start to spot my vision and I get pulled under into the dark.