Chapter 12

"Please don't leave me I'm sorry I'm not what you wanted ple-" I beg
my heart rate speeding up, my breathing coming out quick. "SHUT UP, for once in your life shut the hell up......I didn't want you, your own mother didn't want you. What makes you think he will he doesn't even know you exist, your nobody and that's what you'll stay......a nobody who takes up other people's lives and space."

"Dad please I'm sorry" I try to plead but he just stands there with a whiskey bottle in his hand and powder on his nose. "Don't listen to him sweetie" I turn to look for the new voice but see a black plain. "I'm over here" I spin back around, its the man from the picture,my father.

"Well don't just stand there are you gonna give your daddy a hug." I look back over at my dad and back at the man. "Go on run away from all your problems like you always do" I turn back to my father one last time before I run to my dad and embrace him in a hug. "You'll always be my dad, no matter what you say I love you."

  Waking up from my tear inducing dream I pick my head up from glenns side wiping the drool and tears off of my face and the sleeping bag. I sit up and push the blankets off me. I grab my pants I wore yesterday taking my sweats off I replace them with my pants, keeping glenns shirt on I put my socks on and I open the tent grabbing my boots.  I reach over to shake glenn "Rhee wake up" after a few shakes I get a response, "Mnnnnnn go away lu"he mumbles groggily pushing my arms away "Ugh fine, have it your way." I look through his bag till I find a piece of paper I pick up his pen and write a note for him, I tape it to his head and step out of the tent to put my stuff in my bag.

Finishing up in the truck I go over to my tent and pick my bat up from the ground. Walking back I see dale on the rv "Hey dale can I come up" I lean my bat against the truck. "Sure" I climb the ladder and once I make it up I sit on the edge with my feet dangling from the side.  "What are you doing up so early usually you sleep till about noon" he questions worriedly "I uh had a bad dream" I respond quickly. I hear dale put something down, "Wanna tell me about it" I shake my head "No not, not that but I do need to tell you something"

I turn around "Okay, what is it about." "I don't want to tell rick but I know I need to tell someone." Dale nods "It's about shane, ever since ricks got here he's been acting strange." Dale nods his eyes moving behind me "Yea I noticed that to" I stand up crossing my arms "Should I tell rick" I ask looking at rick and shane take down their tent. "I mean he hasn't done anything else and if he does I'll tell rick and daryl, till then I think I should let it pass." "Okay Mal just be careful o-" "Hey y'all ready" shane interupts yelling and looking up at the rv "Yea" dale calls back.  I look at dale and we walk to the ladder "Ladies first" I nod my head in a thank you and go down the ladder.

Daryl walks by when glenn walks up with a frown on his face "Hey did you get my note" I ask sarcastically, he throws the note at me "Of course I got it, you taped it to my forehead while I was sleeping" he grumbles. "What you wouldn't wake up" I start laughing causing a smile to form on his face while he was shaking his head trying to hard to be mad at me.  "Alright everybody listen up those of you with cbs we're gonna be on channel forty let's keep the chatter down okay, you got a problem can't get a signal don't have a cb gonna hit your horn one time, that'll stop the caravan....any questions" shane announces.

I walk up to daryl with glenn on my left. "We're uh, we're not going" "We have family in birmingham, we want to be with our people"morals states "Your on your own you won't have anyone to watch your back" I scoff getting the attention of daryl and shane. I look at shane for a couple of seconds before I put my eyes to the ground. "We'll take that chance, I gotta do what's best for my family." I take a step behind my uncle "You sure" hearing ricks voice causes me to look up "We talked about it, we're sure" I walk up to morales and hug him from the side. "I'm gonna miss ya teddy bear" he smiles patting my arm "You to eras raro." I back up "I have no clue what that means but I'm gonna it as a compliment."

I walk back to daryl and glenn as rick and shane hand morales a gun and box of ammo. Everybody starts hugging and crying I lean over to glenn "Should I be crying to or" Glenn shruggs. "Let's go let's move out" I walk with daryl back to the truck picking up my bat and getting in the passenger seat.
We ride in silence till the rv breaks down again "Can I stay in the truck" "Ya" daryl says jumping out of the truck I lean down and open the front pocket of my bag pulling out the picture of my supposed father.  "Negan" I lean my head back and close my eyes, jumping when I hear the door open.

"Jesus mother of budda don't scare me like that" daryl chuckles and starts the truck, I look out of the window and see jim by a tree. "Who's that" "What" I look over at daryl nodding his head to my hands. I look down at the picture forgetting it was there "Oh that is um nobody important" I rush to put the picture away. "Don't seem like nobody if you carrying there picture around." "I want to tell you believe me but I just want to skip the argument." A couple hours go by of pure uncomfortable silence. "He's your father isn't he" I whip my head around disconcerned on how he knew. "Ho-how did-"he cuts me off  "When we got ya the note said don't contact me or my fiancé and merle he may have slept around but he wouldn't take the chance and sleep with an engaged women."

"So you figured out I was the fiances baby" my eyes were blurry by the tears. Daryl picks at his thumb his eyes shifting from me and the road "We're here." I wipe my eyes and grab my bag with my clothes picking up my bat hopping out of the truck. "Stay with me lucille" daryl orders I nod walking in front of me. I hold my breath trying not to gag on the smell of rotting dead flesh, shane bangs on the door. "There's nobody here" t-dog states I tune everyone out when I bend over trying not to throw up.
"Walkers" I pick up my bat, looking back at the door as everyone is walking away I see the camera move. "The camera it moved" rick said walking back to the door with shane behind him. I walk up to the door "Please open the door we have children" I yell shane grabs my arm pulling me back "No it's an automated device." I push shane off me "No I saw it too, the camera moved."

"I know your in there I know you can here me please were desperate, please help us we have women children no food hardly any gas left and nowhere else to go" rick pleads, Lori intervenes with rick trying to get him to move back. I back away to help with the walkers the doors open to reveal a blinding light and I lower my bat.