Chapter 10

I open my eyes to a painful blinding light making me cover them with a whine. I sit up on the bed turning away from the sun, standing up slowly I immediately feel a pain shoot up my left calf  "Gah" I grab a hold of the corner taking a step forward trying to work the pain out. Stumbling through the rv I stop at the kitchenette taking a break. "Ok come on mal" I stand back up and walk to the door the pain there but not as debilitating. Stopping at the door I look around till I find who Im looking for. Uncle daryl with a pick axe in his hand and rick holding a gun to his head, again.

"Da-Daryl" I stumble everyones eyes look over at me, stepping down I realize I don't have shoes on. Daryl walks over to me looking me over "You okay" I nod my head speaking quietly "Yea, what happened I don't remember anything after getting to camp." Lori comes over handing me a cup of water "Here I think you might need this" I take the cup immediately gulping the warm refreshing liquid down "Thank you." Handing the cup back to lori daryl takes me back into the rv and sits me down on the bench seat. "Ya overworked yourself, why didn't you tell me" I shake my head slightly "I wanted to make it back to camp, I wanted to see dad." Daryl wipes a stray tear away from my face "Okay next time tell me and I'll stay with ya, I don't need you passing out in a bad situation." I give him a nod and a small okay he squeezes my hand.

"Stay inside for a little while and drink water" he insists, I don't respond just laying my head on the cool surface of the the back of the seat. A couple minutes pass by when rick comes in with Jim "Is he okay" rick doesn't answer just walks with Jim back to the bedroom. A few moments later he walks back out shutting the door, kneeling down in front of me he eyes scan over my face "How you feeling." I look back to the door where Jim is behind "I'm fine but, is he okay" I repeat he sighs rubbing his chin "No, he was bit" I blink not knowing what to feel. Rick stands up "I'll uh bring you some water." I look at him both of us staring at each other for a few minutes before he walks away and I lay my head back on the seat.

I hear a gunshot and I jump up and fling myself to the door. I look to where everyone else is looking and see amy on the ground and Andrea above her. I step outside and walk past shane and rick to go sit with Carol and dale carol eyes tracking me. "If you ask me how I'm doing I'm going to scream" She smiles look over at her daughter. "How are you and Sophia" I sigh her eyes moving back over to me "Were doing fine, just grieving." I lay my head back  blocking everyone out. I get shaken awake by glenn "C'mon" I stand up and grab his hand walking with him up to the graves. We stand there watching andrea put amy in a grave, It feels like I'm not even in control of my body anymore when I begin to cry. We head back I release glenns  hand and stop, looking back at the grimes family carl walks off crying, I walk up to him"Hey carl."

He stops and and looks at me when I kneel in front of him "Why don't you and I hang out for a little bit while your parents talk okay." He nods wiping his with his arm, I wrap my arms around his small body. "It's okay bud your parents aren't going anywhere anytime soon okay"I reassure pulling away and cupping his face, "And if they do I'll drag them right back to you." I smile trying to help him forget about what happened even just for a little bit. We walk to a makeshift table and sit down "Okay do you want to color or draw" I question. He looks at the coloring book and the paper till he points at the paper. "Drawing, okay now we're gonna have a contest whoever draws it the best wins" I say putting the crayons in the middle of the table "Well what do we draw" he huffs. I pick up a black crayon "Your choice, it can be anything."

"A robot dog" he says enthusiastically, I smile at him "Your on." I immediately start to draw the outline and work on the details and start coloring it. "Done" I look up at him Watching him throw his crayon down "Already, you must be superman." He smiles the biggest smile I've seen on him the past few hours. "Okay now we got to find somebody to look at these and see who wins." I put the crayons back in the box "Shane" he suggests and I pick up my paper and stand up. "Why don't you go and get shane and when you come back I'll be here" I hand carl my paper and he frowns "Where are you going" I grab my bat "I gotta go pee and I don't want to bother Jim, tell shane I'm going to the bathroom so nobody freaks out ok." Carl nods turning around "Okay."

I walk into the woods careful to not step on sticks so I don't draw attention to myself. I find a tree with a bush on one side of it unbuttoning my pants, I pick up my bat and look around when I hear a snap.  I wait a couple moments listening for another sound, "Probably a rabbit" I shrug it off pulling my pants down and going to the bathroom. I pull my pants back up as I stand up grabbing the small hand sanitizer I have hooked to my belt loop. I grab my bat walking back towards camp stopping when I hear another snap. I turn around raising my bat, slowly backing up I jump when I back into something. Turning around ready to swing I stop when I realize it was shane. "God shane don't scare me like that, why are you out here" I question, shane rubs the back of his head "Carl said you went to the bathroom and I was just, making sure your okay." I
He stutters I walk past him "I'm fine" I answer stopping when he grabs my arm.

"Shane let go of me" I hiss trying to pull my arm away but he squeezes tighter.  "I said let go" I try wrench ling his hand off my arm he grabs my other arm and pushes me against a tree pinning my arms against my back. With my body being squished between his body and the tree I can't really move my head to head butt him. "Shane whatever you think your doing stop okay, shane ple-" Shane puts both my wrists in his hand and covers my mouth. Causing my head to go back in a very uncomfortable angle. He bends his head down by my ear growing in my ear "This is your only warning to not get involved." I shake my head vigorously causing his hand to move and him take a step back to avoid getting hit. I step on his foot with my heel, throwing my leg back I kick his shin. He grunts letting go of my hands "Gah" I pick up my bat and run to camp. I slow down just before I get there wiping my eyes of unshed tears.