Chapter 5

Being shaken awake from an already restless sleep was not very pleasing, "You know I was awake the first earthquake you created." I quip barely getting the sentence out before my voice gave up on me. "Stop being so damn dramatic." I open my eyes to see daryl looking down at me. "You love me." I sit up putting my knives back in my belt. "Yea I do which is probably why your so damn sarcastic." I felt a smile breach my face while stretching "Should we head back maybe we'll find a deer" I say looking up as daryl picks up his bow. We start walking I was picking up a stick when I heard the twang of Daryl's bow. "Shit" I looked up at him "What, missed." I joke he looks at me as I stand up "No the damn deer ran." I lay my bat against my shoulder "Well let's go find it uncle buck." I speak patting his shoulder walking past him.

We've been walking for a couple yards I put my hand on his shoulder and pointed at the deer. He put the bow up and shot again. "Wow you missed.... again" I say sarcastically he looks back at me "Oh shut up" he grunts I giggle as we continue walking. Walking for a few minutes I  open my mouth to say something "Shut up" I look at daryl "what, I didn't even say anything." He scoffs not looking back at me "Don't care shut up."he grunts "Yes captain shush" I get a glare from him so I put my hands up in surrender. We hear screams back at camp so we begin to run. Daryl stops and I run into his back again grumbling I push myself away looking up and seeing the group. "Sonava bitch" I look down and see the deer on the ground "Welp" I step back cause I know daryl is going to have a fit. "That's my deer all knawed on by this fithy *kick* disease *kick* bearing *kick* motherless *kick* proxy *kick* bastard" he hisses kicking the headless walker.

"Calm down son that's not helping" dale says and I sigh scratching the side of my neck "Here we go again" I mumble to myself.  Daryl walks up to getting in his face "What do you know 'bout it old man you can take that stupid hat and go back to On Golden Pond." He scoffs walking back to the deer "We've been trackin this deer for miles gon' drag it back to camp cook us up some venison." I pull the last arrow out of the deer "What do you think, think we can cut around this chewed up part right here" he looks up at dale and shane hoping they'll say something positive. Shane sighs "We can not risk that" I fake pout "Aww another fine day ruined by responsibility." Daryl looks at me then back at the deer and sighs for the trillianth time "That's a damn shame" he looks back at everyone "Got some squirrel probably a dozen or so that'll have to do." The walkers mouth snaps open all of us looking down at the snaping head I hear someone talk before footsteps.

Daryl points his bow at it "C'mon people what the hell." I step forward and push the arrow through its eye "It's gotta be the brain." I say as I pull the arrow out and smile at daryl "Don't y'all know nothin." Daryl scoffs as I stand up and we walk past a guy I've never seen. Walking into camp "DADDY WE GOT SOME SQUIRREL" I scream laying my bat down daryl putting his bow down next to it.  We walk off to get ready to gut the squirrel "Daryl Malice slow up a bit let me talk to ya" Daryl and I turn around fear creeping into my chest. "'Bout what" daryl asks following shane with his eyes "About merle" he says continuing "There was a uh problem in atlanta" I look at daryl knowing how he's gonna react. Daryl looks back at me and then back at shane "He dead."

"Not sure" I look up "He is or he's not there's no in-between." I snap standing next to daryl, the new guy walks up "No easy way to say this so I'll just say it" he joins in "Who are you." daryl hisses the new guy looks over daryl and I "Rick grimes" "Rick grimes you got somethin you wanna tell me" daryl fumes pacing around. "Your brother was a danger to us all so I handcuffed him on a roof hooked em to a piece of metal he's still there." Rick explains and I feel my heart rate pick up in anger and my vision cloud by unshed tears. Daryl wipes his eyes his breathing getting heavier "Hold up let me process this, your sayin you handcuffed my brother to a roof and you left him there." He bellows the tears beginning fall, turning around I wipe my eyes my anger bubbling higher. "Yea" I look back at rick pulling my knife out pivoting my body and lungiy at him, daryl catches me by the waist throwing me to the ground. He grabs the squirrels and throws them at rick before lunging at him, shane tackles daryl to the ground before he could reach rick. I look at my uncle on the ground pulling out his knife "Hey watch the knife" t-dog calls.

Picking my knife up I jump up running towards shane, somebody wraps their arms around my body pressing my arms in my sides. Kicking my legs I yell trying to pull body out of their hold "Stop it lu" glenn hisses pulling me away. I watch Shane put daryl in a chokehold my hand sqeezing the handle of my knife.  Rick takes the knife out if daryls hand kicking it away from him "You best let me go." Daryl bellows shane pulling him to the ground "Nah I think it's better if I don't" I growl watching the scene play out "Choke holdings illegal." Daryl chokes "You can file a complaint" I smile a little bit sarcasm being a weakness. "Come on man we can keep this up all day" Shane says struggling to keep daryl under control. Rick bends down getting in daryls face "I'd like to have a calm discussion on this topic you think we can manage that, you think you can manage that." Rick looks up at shane and shane let's him go shoving him to the ground.

"You can let me go rhee" I state, his arms loosen up a bit before completely letting go. "What I did was not on a whim your brother does not work and play well with others." I walk up towards my uncle putting my knife away "It's not ricks fault" I look back to where the voice was coming from. "I had the key I dropped it." I rub my head watching t-dog walk up "And you couldn't have picked it up" I huff"I dropped it in a drain" daryl scoffs standing up "If it's supposed to make me feel better it don't." He says throwing a hand full of dirt at T-dog "Maybe this will look I chained the door leading to the roof so the geeks couldn't get at him, not with that pad lock." I walk up to daryl as rick speaks up "That's gotta count for something" daryl looks down wipes his eyes again "To hell with all y'all just tell me where he is so we can go get em" I've never heard uncle daryl sound desperate.

"He'll show you isn't that right" Lori says from the doorway of the rv. Rick looks around and nods his head "I'm going back" announces. Daryl walks off I  walk up to rick getting close enough to know what color his eyes are "Look rick I don't hate you, but I'm not necessarily excited about your existence right now." We look at each other for a moment before I walk off to my uncle.