Chapter 36

Rolling over I lick the top of my dry mouth 'Water' not bothering to open my eyes I roll over falling onto my knees. Crawling over to my bag I open it feeling around for my water bottle. Pulling out the crinkling container, I roll over onto my back opening the bottle before putting it to my lips spilling the warm water all over my face and chest. Sitting up my eyes shoot open while I cough up the liquid that forced it's way down my throat.

"Shit" my head shoots up looking around for the unfamiliar voice. My hand goes up to my throat 'Was that my voice'  a smile instantly appears on my face as I scramble up and run down the steps. Running through the cell block I run into carol quickly holding onto her as we stumble backwards. Carol falls onto the table landing on her butt with me draped over her like a throw blanket.

Pulling my head away from her chest I pull my legs up in a squatting position before allowing myself to fall on my butt at her feet. My face heats up as I stare at her shocked face before grins break out on both of our lips and we're both laughing."S-saree" my voice comes out rough and garbled nevertheless shocking her. "Mal" her words hold just as much shock as her face before another smile forms and she's dragging me up 'Oh okay we're getting up.'

Carol drags me across the room to a reading hershel "She spoke" hershel looks up from his bible drawing his eyebrows together "What." Carol pulls me in front of her "Malice she spoke" hershels eyes look from carols to mine nodding I force myself to speak again. "Shees r-rihht" he smiles at my still garbled and rough voice. Quickly putting the bible down he moves over "Let me have a look at ya make sure everything is okay."

Quickly closing the space I sit next to him "Carol can you get a flashlight please" hershel asks. I hear carols quick footsteps receding before quickly coming back and handing him a small silver flashlight "Thank you." She doesn't respond but walks to the other side of the table sitting down and resting her chin in her palm. Opening my mouth I stick out my tongue as he moves the flashlight around seeing inside my mouth.

"Can you make a noise" hershel says and I swallow my saliva before humming and making a grunting noise. He huffs before turning the flashlight off, closing my mouth I look at him waiting for the answer. "I can't see much but your throat seems fine nothing damaging" I clap my hands almost squealing "But don't try talking to much just yet you haven't spoken in four days and your throat is still healing just take it slow and you'll be fine." Hershel adds and I put on the most serious face I can muster before saluting him.

"Food" I ask still not used to my gravely sounding voice "You can probably eat solid food just stick to small pieces and chew thoroughly." Nodding at his response I stand up looking around furrowing my brows I notice rick michonne and carl missing. Walking to the door I open it eyes glancing around the yard and fences before walking down the steps and hurrying out of the cage jogging across the yard. "Malice what are you doing out is everything okay." Glenn questions looking between me and the feilds.

Shaking my head I put my hand on my hip "Right you can't talk" he quickly sighs. Rolling my eyes I walk closer grabbing the fence looking up at him "Wherrre's riiick caawl and michwonne" my words are slow but grab his attention from the binoculars. A smile covering his face "You sound like a four year old" he chuckles going back to scanning the treeline "They went on a run last night they should be back soon." His words shouldn't get to me but they do.

'There's nothing going on between them, he wouldn't lie to me right' "Mal malice" squeezing my eyes shut I let out a breath before looking back up at my brother "Are you okay." Nodding I point to my head "Headache" I say before swallowing the growing lump in my throat "Hershel might have some aspirin" he says glancing at me for a moment before putting the binoculars up to his face again.