Chapter 27

Rick walks over to us and gets on his knees to hug carl, standing back up I don't hesitate in hugging him. Pulling away we turn around to walk back to the farm. Carl is in-between us and I smile wishing I could have something like this. "Were you bit to" carl asks looking up at rick "No" rick rasps out "Shane was" looking down at carl I put my hand on his shoulder "That wasn't shane bud." He looks up at me "He used to be...what happened were you guys attacked, I mean we heard a gunshot but I didn't see any walkers near by...how did shane die." Rick stops and looks at me "Your call rick"

Before he could say anything we hear the familiar groans of walkers, looking around we see a herd of them. "Oh my god go go go go" rick whispers putting his hand on my back an I put my hand on carl's back as we start running. We stop under a tree "We gotta get to the house to the others" carl pleads and I keep my hand on carl to make sure he's still there "We'll never get through that can't go around carl stay close to one of us." I hold my bat tighter and we start running again; I stay next to rick and behind carl dodging walkers.

We make it to the barn and rick closes the door pushing a metal pole in the handles. Backing away from the rattling door we look around and rick grabs carl pushing him towards the gasoline. "Okay" we pour the gas everywhere before putting the cans down "Come on alright up there hurry" carl runs to the ladder "What about you" carl asks frantically "I'll be right there alright drop the lighter when I say this'll stop some of them from reaching the house and distract the others so at least we'll have a chance, hey hey look at me you can do this carl I love you." Rick assures carl the best he can and carl turns around and starts up the ladder.

"Rick" he looks over at me and I hug him before quickly turning around and starting up the ladder behind carl; looking down I watch rick open the doors yelling my grip on carl gets tighter. He makes it to the ladder still yelling he climbs to get out of reach of the walkers, he looks up "Carl now" he screams and carl lights the small flame and dropping it, immediately igniting the gasoline. Rick comes over getting his gun ready and I put my bat on my back and pull my gun out.

I hear gunshots outside and I turn to rick pulling carl closer as we back up; The rv pulls up and rick screams to where it needs to be. He jumps on the the other side with carl behind him and me behind carl, jumping on the rv rick pushes carl and me to the ladder. Rick goes down first and I shoot at the walkers that get to close, "Come on" I help carl down the ladder before going down myself. I scream when my hair gets grabbed "Rick" he shoots the walker and the fingers in my hair loosen and he pulls me away and closer to him.

Going to the front of the rv I raise my gun and hear screams before blood splatters on the windshield. Keeping my hand on carl I push him to go faster "Head to the woods now go as fast as you can." We reach the treeline and rick puts his hand on my back pushing me further into the woods. We run up to the house and I see a walker getting closer to a unknowing hershel "Rick, hershel" rick goes over and shoots the walker with me and carl behind him "Where's lori did you see lori." Rick questions "I don't know what happened rick they just keep coming just like a plague there everywhere."

"Lori did you see het" rick snaps screaming at hershel "No" I put my hand on rick shoulder "We have to go rick we'll find lori and the others." I pull carl with me "It's my farm" hershel exclaimed "Not anymore come on" he shouts pulling hershel with him. I keep my hand on carl as I shoot the advancing walkers, carl opens the passenger door and I get in before pulling him up and shutting the door. "Go" hershel yells and rick peels away from the farm. Rick puts his hand on carls shoulder as we get farther from the burning farm "We'll find her carl" I look over to rick "I promise."

Pulling his hand away he continues driving away from the over run farm. we pull up to where we left supplies for Sophia, getting out I stay behind carl my gun in my hand "Where's mom you said she'd be here we we gotta go back for her, no why are we running what are you doing it's, it is mom we need to get her." Rick bends down putting his hand on carl's shoulder "You need to be quiet please" carl looks down then back up at rick. "Please it's mom" rick gets down on one knee before he's able to explain carl walks off. And ricks trying to follow him.