12

A/n:
To be honest, I've made this chap after I made chap 11 and just waited for the votes to come up.

"Y/n"

"Yes, Shinobu?" Y/n asks the woman who had suddenly called her name. "Did I do something wrong?" She raises a brow as she lifted up the bandage form her hands. "I made sure to follow everything-

"No no, not that" Shinobu says, waving her hand, smiling gently at her.

"Oh... then w-what is it?" The girl asks as she wrapped the bandage on a doll, symbolizing an injured patient.

Shinobu inches forward the girl and leans into her ear. "Is something going on with you and Muichi-

"KYAAAH!! N-NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!! H-HES JUST MY S-SENSEI THAT'S ALL!!" Y/n screams, immediately pulling away from the pillar who slowly smiled evilly.

"Oh really~?" Shinobu asks, trying her best not to grin. "Y-you should've told me you had a cru-

"W-what!? N-no way!" Y/n blushed, covering her face with her hands in embarrassment. "H-he's just teaching me how to handle my sword and all" she mumbled, glancing away.

"Hm? Are you sure? He's been protective of you ever since you started training under him" Shinobu tells her, smiling. Happy to tease such a shy and delicate Hashibira.

Y/n stops and turns to her, confused. "P-protective? But he wasn't" she says, her brows scrunching in confusion. Y/n never knew this, after all. The 'protection' she knows were like Inosuke's. A violent and overly jealous protection.

She even noticed how Inosuke would glare at Tanjiro and Zenitsu if they tried to spend some time with her, just after she got back from sparring and studying with Shinobu.

Shinobu smiles. Unsure if she had to tell Y/n how protective Muichiro has been getting lately.

Flashback, brought to you by Author-sama's feelings☺️~

"Oh my, is that so?" Shinobu cooed as she walked with Tengen who huffed in response. "Why I-

"Huh? Isn't that Tokito?" Tengen suddenly cuts her off, bring her attention to where he looked at.

The mist pillar?- why it is really him" Shinobu giggles and begins to walk towards the dull boy, Tengen following clues behind.

"Moshi mosh~? Are you done with you schedule with the Hashibira?" Shinobu asks, waving her hand to the boy.

Tengen's brows scrunched, looking at the ground beside Muichiro, there was blood dripping down from underneath his long, loose sleeve. "Is that blood? Are you injured-

"No, I'm not injured" Muichiro mumbles, casting a slight glare towards the pillar's direction and turns away. "I'm busy, I'll talk to you two later" he tells them before walking away, leaving a trail of small blood droplets on the ground.

"Hai~! Hai~! See you later~ say goodbye, Tengen-san"

"...yeah"

Shinobu hums while walking pass the mist pillar's estate-

"Ah! P-please h-have mercy!"

The insect pillar stops in her tracks. "...a cry for help? Ah, maybe Muichiro-san snapped on a kakushi again" she thought and continued on her walk to the Ubuyashiki estate.

"I think we need to burn it" Shinobu mutters, her hands inching towards the firebox she kept under her coat. "It's too revealing" she tells to Y/n.

"T-too revealing? B-but I designed it to be on par with my movements" Y/n says, checking herself in the mirror that the kakushi gave her. "I-I think it's fine-

BAM!!

"Muichiro? You're not supposed to be-

"She's not going anywhere wearing that" Muichiro states firmly, pointing at Y/n while he looked at Shinobu in the eyes.

"...you're not the one who gets to decide"

"..."

"E-eh? What's happening?" Y/n asks, confused.

Shinobu only smiles and pushes her back in the changing room. "Nothing, it's nothing~ just get changed while I deal with your mentor"

"A-ah, ok?"

Shinobu walks past a group of kakushis and ignores them-

"T-Tokito-sama's really scary these days" a kakushi sighed to his friend who nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, ever since that girl studied under his supervision, he's getting too protective of her" he says, hugging himself as they walked.

"I know right? He even glared at me when I just offered my help to her!" The other ones whines, scratching his head. "Geez, I thought I was about to die!"

"Well, thank goodness you didn't die then"

"Eek, S-Shinobu-sama!?-

"Do tell me the actions of out mist pillar, I'm quite curious"

"H-HAI!"

FLASHBACK END

Shinobu sighs, placing her palm on her cheek. "Oh Y/n, you really are clueless like him" She sighed, shaking her head. "Hopeless girl" she thought.

"H-him? Do you mean M-master?" Y/n asks, surprising Shinobu.

"Stop... calling him with that kind of honorific" Shinobu says, pinching her temples in frustration.

Y/n's brow raise, extremely confused as to why Shinobu was acting this way. "W-what? But why? Isn't that what you'd call a teacher or mentor?" Y/n questions, tilting her head.

"Y/n, Muichiro's a boy"

"B-but Oyakata-sama's a boy too"

"Yes but he's married and has kids. Muichiro's only a year or two years older than you"

"..."

"You get it now?"

Y/n's face turns bright red, facing away form the woman, she kept her squeal in. "I-I get it! I g-get it! S-stop e-embarrassing m-me more!!" She whines, covering her face.

"Haha, alright alright" Shinobu giggles, moving away from her. As she did, her eyes suddenly caught something purple on Y/n's skin. "Oh my! Where did you get this bruise!?" Shinobu asks worriedly, pulling a portion of Y/n's skirt down to reveal a purple bruise.

"Umm that? I-I got that from s-sparring with Muichiro l-last time. I guess it's not healed y-yet" Y/n chuckles, scratching her cheek as sweat dripped down her neck. "I-I guess he's too focused on training me that he accidentally used his normal strength" she says.

Shinobu gives her a worried glance and shakes her head. "Come on, I'll treat you from now on" she sighed as she grabbed the bandages. "Pull it down so I can treat the bruise"

"Hai!"