33

Winner for the votes: No. 4

A/n: I swear, guys want 🍵 and angst.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Y/n and the others ran ontop of roofs, trailing the hashira whom ran in full speed and hurry to kill the demoness Y/n had befriended. She could feel her bottom lip tremble as dread hung over her conscience. The fact that she lied to both her friend and 'ally' (Uzui) made her heart break. She didn't think that she would go to great lengths to protect a demon, a being she feared the most.

Groaning once realizing that the large sandals made it hard for her to run, she grabs them and throws them on the alley, just wishing it didn't hit anyone.

"Y/n! Are you seriously going to defend the demon!?" Zenitsu shouts, jumping over to the next roof and landing perfectly despite the wooden sandals getting in the way. "You might get seriously injured or killed!" He says, worrying over her safety.

After all, being together with her alone with the house of the demon made them closer than before.

The girl turned to them. "You guysh change clothes and rescue the shivilians while I go ahead and catch up to T-Tengen!" Y/n shouts at the, barking her orders at the three whom seemed worried about her choice.

Noticing that they still ran with her, Y/n frowned. "What are you tree waiting por!? Go now!" She says.

Tanjiro looks at her with a worried glance. "But Y/n, you can't possibly help Tengen out if you're-

"You heard what my sister said, Monjiro! Menitsu!"

"W-what the!- Inosuke!" Both Tanjiro and Zenitsu yelled before Inosuke grabbed them over his shoulder.

"Hurry up! Me and theses guys will catch up to you!" Inosuke shouts to her before running off to a different direction. The shouts of complaints of the two other boys echoed in the barren streets.

"Thank you, Onii-sama!" Y/n thanked in her head, jumping towards the other roof once again and continuing to run towards the room she had with Zenitsu.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

"Here, dress her up in this"

"As you wish, Warabihime-oiran. We shall prepare the dressing room" the two attendants mutter and walked away to the other room,  losing the door behind them.

Y/n turns to Daki who arranged her make up in the mirror, adorned in heavy, sparkly jewels she ever laid eyes on. "U-um... Daki-san?" Y/n calls out nervously at the oiran, afraid that the demoness would snap unexpectedly.

Yet Daki never got annoyed at her or her stuttering.

"What it is?" Daki asked, not glancing at her as she reapplied her lipstick, dabbing the red powder on her lips lightly.

"...why do I need to dress like you, D-Daki-san? I'm n-not an oiran... I'm just a l-low ranked escort" Y/n stuttered, fumbling with her fingers. Even if she had never been asked to meet with a man with her time in the red district, she still felt uneasy.

Daki turned to her and sighed in annoyance. "Didn't I already tell you before? An oiran is special. You have to be dressed like me, an oiran so men out there won't bother you so easily. Besides, if anyone heard of my name, you can use it to threaten them" Daki explains to her.

Turning back to the mirror, she smirked at herself. "If you want, I can act as your own assassin and-

"A-are you doing this to protect me?" Y/n suddenly asks.