3

"E-eh?"

Y/n and the others stared at Inosuke who just passed out.

"O-Onii-sama!!!" Y/n screamed, immediately going next to him and began to cry.

Tanjiro gulped, it seemed that he still had to be the one to calm her as the boy said. "Um... c-calm down" Tanjiro stammered, crouching beside her yet again sobbing form.

"Y-You killed my O-Onii-sama!!" Y/n wailed, crying and sobbing uncontrollably.

"I-I didn't! He just passed out-

"You will pay!" Y/n pulls her kimono up, revealing her thigh which had a cloth strapped to it tightly.

Tanjiro and the others blushed and looked away quickly. "W-what are you doing?!" Tanjiro stuttered, blocking his eyes.

Y/n ignores him and and grabs the small knife she fitted in there and dashed towards Tanjiro.

Eyes widening, Tanjiro sees the glimpse of the knife as it glistened under the sun. Y/n slams the knife down, making Tanjiro squeeze his eyes close and awaited for the pain only to feel nothing.

Slowly, he looks up to come face to face with the knife. He stumbles back in surprise.

"T-Tanjiro! Are you ok?!" Zenitsu exclaims worriedly, leaving Nezuko's box to hurry over to Tanjiro. His brows scrunched in worry, scanning the burgundy haired boy's form.

The three kids watched in worry, afraid to get close as the knife was still in the girl's hand.

"O-Onii-sama?! Let go!" Y/n shouts, struggling against Inosuke's strong iron grip on the wrist she used to hold her knife. Her brows scrunched in confusion as she knew that her brother would let her harm others.

Hearing no reply, she began to get mad. Smacking his arm which held her wrist, Y/n tried to pry his hand off her. Not only did it irritate her, it also hurts. "O-Onii-sama is holding on too t-tight!" Y/n thought, her eyes glossing over but held her emotions in check.

"Stop it Y/n, behave" Inosuke tells her sternly.

"What?! But-"

Inosuke casted her a glare, making her shut up immediately and back down. "H-hai..." Y/n stuttered, sitting down and dropping the knife while he still held her wrist. "A-as you lish, O-Onii-sama..."

Tanjiro glanced at the two siblings in confusion. His racing heart slowed down once he realized the male older brother had stop her from attacking him further.

"... I'm not apologizing to you" Inosuke tells Tanjiro, his green eyes piercing through his maroon one's. "You made my sister cry after all"

"..." Tanjiro stared at the boy dumbfounded. "I was actually feeling bad for you... it wasn't my fault that she cried!" Tanjiro exclaims, no matter how much he pitied the girl for having such a hard headed brother, he can't let this go unnoticed.

"What?! But you attacked!"

"You attacked Zenitsu first!"

"Yeah! But I didn't attack you first!" Inosuke remarks, his brow raised as he glared at the boy. Pulling his sister to his back, he takes a stance to protect her. "Ah... instincts" he thought as he moved away a little from the girl.

"Any form of attack to Zenitsu is an attack to me!" Tanjiro states, pointing at himself.

"That doesn't make sense at all!" Inosuke shouts, confused as to why that is the case. Unbeknownst to him, he's doing the exact same thing but with his sister.

Tanjiro sighs, finally feeling fatigue die to all the fight and pain he had to endure. "Look, I'm tired and- "

"Huh?"

"Tanjiro!"

~...~...~...~

Y/n watched the burgundy haired boy fall unconscious. Her eyes followed and scanned his face and attire. "He fell sleepy" she muttered to Inosuke, tugging his boar hide.

"Unconscious" Inosuke reminds her.

She blushes form embarrassment and hides behind his shoulder. "A-ah... g-gomene" Y/n whispered, feeling sweaty.

"Oh no! What do I do??I'm not a nurse or anything! I'm useless!" Zenitsu sniffled, catching Y/n's attention,

Y/n watched him closely, and only for a moment did she see herself in his shoes. She had felt useless before... so useless.

Suddenly, like a rope, it tightens around Y/n's throat, making it hard to breathe. Her hands clenched as she began to panic, she was losing herself.

"Y/n, you ok?" Inosuke immediately asks once he felt her aura and demeanor change. His hand patted her back comfortably, worry on his face were hidden behind his mask.

She nods, panting heavily as soon as the force was gone, "I-I'm fine, I need to help them" Y/n panted, removing herself from his side and to the blonde boy.

"I-I studied herbs, maybe I can help your prend" Y/n tells the teary eyed demon slayer. Crouching beside him, she holds his trembling hand. "D-Don't vory, I will try to help with the dest of my apilidies"

Zenitsu nods and held her hands back. "T-Thank you Goddess!!!" He sobbed yet a blush remained on his cheeks. "You are couch an angel-

Smack!

"Oy, don't touch my Y/n so carelessly. You're not worthy" Inosuke sneered at the male who just pouted and glared at him, after all, he just smacked his hand quite harshly. Inosuke's cold eyes disappeared inappropriate in an instant once he turned to his timid sister.

"So what can you do to him?" Inosuke asks, glancing at the three kids who cliched under his gaze.

Y/n felt around Tanjiro's neck and hums. "I-I think he just fainted. A-after all, you fought a bad guy in that house, right?" She questions, still touching Tanjiro's veins in the sides of his neck.

Humming as she pressed them, Y/n glanced at his sleeping face. Her face turns warm and accidentally pressed the wrong vein.

"Eek!" Y/n shrieked when Tanjiro pulls her down under him. His hands on each side of her head yet his eyes were still closed.Her mouth went agape as she stared up at him, it was as if time stood still before she realized the severity of her position.

Before she knew it, the boy falls back down ontop of her, snoring lightly. Her body stood still, not knowing how to react. The warm breathe of Tanjiro tickled her ears, turning her bright red.

"O-O-Onii-sama!!!"