30

A/n:
Uwaa~ I'm so tired. I had a lot of swirling emotions in this chapter so don't forget to vote😌

Y/n sat on the roof with Zenitsu and waited for the other three to come. She sat there excited, wanting to see her brother after a weeks of not being able to. Despite that, she just couldn't but bite her lip whenever the sun grazed her hands.

"It s-stings..." Y/n thought, slowly letting the sunlight land on her hand, only to see nothing change. Her brows furrowed, she could clearly feel it sting, yet it didn't burn like a normal demon should-

"Y/n! I'm so glad to see you!" Tanjiro exclaims, running to them with a smile and with Inosuke behind him.

She turns her head to him, "He-

Inosuke jumps on Y/n, wrapping his arms around her and hugging her tight. "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!?!" Inosuke shouts, forcing Tanjiro to place block his mouth with his hand.

"Inosuke, keep it down! It's still morning!" Tanjiro whispered sternly, glancing at the people who walked just under the roof they were standing on. "We don't want attention on us!" He adds.

"...pine" Inosuke grumbled before Tanjiro removed his hand from his mouth.

"Oh let them be, Tanjiro" Zenitsu says, placing a hand on the burgundy haired boy's shoulder. "They haven't seen each other for weeks, you know how they're inseparable. Just like you and Nezuko-chan" he smiled.

"Wha-

"Hey! Hey! Hey!~ nice to see you all to be flamboyantly fine!" Tengen suddenly appears by the edge of the roof,  still dressed with wide grin. As his eyes landed on Y/n, whom was in Inosuke's arms, he grinned wider. "I see that Y/n finally escaped the demon's clutches" he says, walking over to them.

Y/n grumbled in frustration as Inosuke wouldn't let her go. "D-don't say that, D-Daki's just clingy, that's all" she explains to the hashira who crouched besides them.

"Ah, is that so?" Tengen asks, which was then answered by a nod from Y/n.

"W-well y-yeah-

Suddenly, a chill went up their spine as Tengen's aura begins to change.

"You know, I found something interesting" Tengen chuckled, staring down at the girl which shrinked down to her brother's embrace. Avoiding his stare by evading her eyes and stared at the roof.

"Oh no-

"You see, I went around and asked if there was a girl name 'Daki' anywhere. I kept asking if there was anyone you were sticking close to, all O heard was Warabihime-oiran And do you know what I answer I got?" The silver haired male asks, leaning to her and letting out an intimidating aura.

Y/n's hands trembled in fear and seeked comfort form her brother whom held her tight. Before she even spoke out her words, her lip trembled at the aura he gave off. "W-wh-wha-hwa-h-hwuat i-i is-ish-ish i-i-it?" She asked fearfully, feeling her throat clogged up from fear. Sweat rained down her skin, Rui gin the makeup while tears slowly came its way to her eyes.

Tengen stared at her shivering form, she looked like a cat who drowned in the river. Turning to Zenitsu, he too could see the boy flinch once he directed his attention to him. Squinting his eyes, he pursued his lips. "Could it be..." "Hey..." Tengen called out lowly.

Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Insouke flinched at his dark tone, yet stayed in their places due to fear.

He turned his head back to Y/n and glares at her murderously. "Don't tell me your hiding something from me" Tengen growls, his veins started showing while his hands itched to grab his sword. "My wives are in danger and you personally volunteered to help. If you're going to hide the demon's identity, you're better off dead yourse-

Insouke suddenly throws his fist to Uzui's face, but due to his quick reflexes, he caught his hand before it his his cheek. "The hell are you doing brat-

"Don't talk to my sister like that. You have no right or my permission to EVER! talk to her in that way!" Insouke exclaims, returning the glare from the male. Inosuke moves Y/n's face to his chest to cover her eyes from catching a glimpse of Tengen. "You're just no one! You dare tell my sister that she's better off dead!?" He screams angrily, holding Y/n tight, stopping himself from fighting the man infront of him.

Tengen frowns and grabs Insouke's collar and pulls him up. "So what? You're willing to sacrifice my wives lives and a couple more just because your sister found some lady friend who's a demon? Hm? Are you risking everyone's lives just for her!?" Tengen shouts at Insouke's face who continued to glare at him.

Inosuke then spits on his face, making Tengen let go of him to wipe his cheek.

As Tengen pied his cheek clean, he stops to turn to Insouke with a murderous glare. "Why this BRAT-

Both Tanjiro and Zenistu held Tengen's arms back quickly once they saw him reach for his swords, afraid that he'll kill their friend and sister just because of an argument.

"P-please calm down!" Tanjiro pleaded, struggling to hold the hahsira's arms despite training and fighting with countless demons.

"Y-yeah! Insouke's sorry! Right Inosuke!?" Zenitsu screams, wanting the fight to be over. He still couldn't believe Insouke would do that.

Insouke pulls Y/n behind him and gritted his teeth. "There's NO WAY in hell that I'm apologizing! Who the hell does he think he is!? A god!? No one insults my sister like that! And even someone did! I won't let them go unscathed!" Insouke exclaims angrily, fuming at the choices Tengen went on. "I'll beat you up, you hear me!?"

Clenching his fist, Inosuke fought the fear he had from feeling Tengen's intimidating and dark aura. Swallowing his fear and letting his braveness and pride take over. He didn't want to have Y/n see him trembling as he protected her. He didn't want her to see a weak side of him, just so she felt safe whenever she was with him.

Fighting back the tears and and anguish, Insouke bit his lip to keep himself in control. "As long as I am alive, my sister, Y/n will never die!" "My only family..."Inosuke screams. "If you ever tried to harm her, you'll have to go through me!-

"Y-Y/n-san?" A worried voice called from below them.

As Y/n turned to who it was, her eyes widened. "C-cleaning lady? What is she doing here?!" She thought.

"A-ah... I'm glad I finally found you! W-Warabihime-oiran's looking for you! The sun's about to come up b-brightly this day, so she s-sent me to fetch you" the lady conjured up a lie, yet knowing full well that it was also one of Daki's excuse whenever she did have someone fetch her. "S-she said she'll be waiting by your room-

Y/n's eyes widen and turned to Tengen. "W-wait-!

Before the four knew it, Tengen had slipped out of Tanjiro and Zenitsu's grasps.