24

A/n: greedy strike again, pls vote🙇🏻‍♀️

"That girl! She's a-

"SHUT UP! YOU DEMON!" Inosuke screams as he held his sister close to his chest. "Just shut up and DIE!!"

Akaza stared at the boy with wide eyes before scrunching his brows. "...I see, he's- no, they're hiding her true identity" he thought, staring at the unconscious girl with the blue haired boy. She looked so peaceful and kind, unlike the girl he saw earlier, which was full of malice, like a true demon.

As his head disintegrated up to his eyes, he closes them. "What kind of demon art was that?... I have never seen anything like it-

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

"Hashibira, is your sister ok?" Rengoku asks, walking towards the boys while sheathing his blade and crouching infront of them, the sun shining on his back as it began to rise. The warm rays of the sun hitting their cold and bruised skin.

Inosuke kept his head down. "She's fine" he replies, still hugging her close to him, afraid that Rengoku would know.

Rengoku's eyes soften, thinking that the boy was worried sick for his sibling and raised his hand towards them. "I have to check-

Inosuke slaps Rengoku's hand away, surprising Tanjiro and Zenitsu.

"I-Inouske! Don't do that!" Zenitsu whispered, glancing at the hashira who might get mad.

Tanjiro gives a small bow to the pillar. "I-I'm sorry about that, Rengoku-san. Inosuke's a protective brother for Y/n" he stammered while giving a silent glare towards Inosuke as he bowed.

Patting his head, Rengoku chuckles. "Don't worry, I don't mind" Rengoku tells the boys, even patting their shoulders for reassurance before turning to Inosuke once again. "My boy, I need to take a closer look at your sister. Just to check if she had any other damage other than the one Akaza healed" he says in caring tone.

Inosuke's hands trembled while the two felt anxious. The familiar sense of Y/n's blood art just appeared right after blood appeared on Akaza. They knew full well that Y/n used her demon art once again. They feared that Rengoku would feel it and tattle on the others, especially the hashiras.

They can't throw away the last chance they had given them... well to Tanjiro.

"..." Inosuke gulps. He could feel his gut clench and writhe. "F-fine" he forced out, slowly letting go of Y/n.

Tanjiro and Zenitsu held their breath, their fists clenched tighter and tighter the closer Rengoku's hand went towards Y/n.

Letting only a sigh of relief once he held her without any complication and then nodded at each other

Letting only a sigh of relief once he held her without any complication and then nodded at each other. Reassuring the other.

Moving Y/n into Rengoku's arms, they stared intently as he pressed on her vitals, checking everything.