22

A/n:
Ok I have decided Y/n's fate. She's getting the very short end of the stick but I'm still gonna try to make her seem pitiful.

Advertisement:
Check my new book 'Reign' that story will contain strategy and cunningness. I will be updating that one after I end this book.

Y/n slashes the tentacles that were about to grab on to the passengers before dodging an attack. Her face covered with sweat despite having removed her haori for more movement and flexibility.

Her knees buckle, feeling tiredness creep up on her. "I-I need help!" Y/n thought as she gripped the chair's back for support.

Slicing a tentacle that was about to grab the girl beside her, she pants tiredly before dropping to her knees. Y/n had never used her whole senses ever since she went with Tanjiro and Zenistu.

"Hashibira! You ok!?" Rengoku asks, blocking a tentacle's attack before slicing it to pieces. "Did I get here just in time?" He asks, glancing at her tired form.

Y/n nods, still panting and sweating, "H-hai" she answers before pulling herself up by the help of her sword. "S-sorry, my bo-body couldn't k-keep up with the d-demon" Y/n says, hissing as she tried to grip her sword once more.

Rengoku grins before slipping his hand around her stomach and carried her to his side before dodging an attack. "That's alright! Rest!"

"Oomph!" Y/n gasped as air knocked out her lungs from his sudden action. "H-hai" she groaned, now blushing from his strong arm which held her by his side, just in place. "I'm l-like a bag" she cried in her thoughts, feeling herself get moved around despite Rengoku's stern hold on her. "I-is this what Nezuko feels inside t-that cramped box?.

"Hashibira, hold on!" Rengoku suddenly exclaims, catching her attention immediately.

"Eh- Kyaa!!!"

Rengoku sped up, faster than what Y/n's used to. She could feel his grip tightening, somewhat afraid that he'll accidentally let go and harm her. Suddenly, they both could feel the train move sideways, making their eyes go wide in confusion and surprise.

Almost once Y/n saw the view out the window, she gripped his arm tightly. "D-don't you dare let me g-go!" Y/n shrieked, feeling gravity do its work. The falling of the people's bodies and shattering of glass came in slow motion in her eyes.

The pillar grins and held on one of the chairs. "Of course! Trust in me, Hashibira!"

"Of course I will!! My life is literally in your hands right now!!" Y/n cried out

"This train's going down..." Rengoku mumbled enough for Y/n to hear it.

"Of course it is!! That demon looks evil that he screams 'I'll take you all down with me!"

Rengoku turns his head to her and squints as he noticed the view out the window. Before Y/n knew it, he had pulled her close to his chest and jumped out the window.

Y/n closed her eyes shut at the movement and moved in closer at the sound of glass shattering. She could feel small shards of the glass come into contact with her skin but was mostly protected by Rengoku's haori. Her hands clenched on his uniform in fear, yet the sense of warmth and safety that he emitted still lingered, calming her nerves a little.

"He's so warm..." Y/n thought, pushing her face into him. "Like the sun"

Feeling herself dip down as Rengoku landed on the ground, Y/n let out a sigh of relief and immediately pulled her face away from his chest.

"You alright, Hashibira?" Rengoku asks as he looked down at her.

Y/n looks up to meet his eyes and began to nod in response. Her hands, still shaking form shock clenched and forced herself to calm down. "I-I'm alright" she stuttered nervously.

Rengoku grins and slowly lets go of her. "Can you stand up?" He questions, remembering how her knees buckled from fatigue.

"H-hai, I can m-manage" she replies, taking his hand and accepting his help to stand up. "A-anyways, we should help the p-passengers" Y/n says, glancing at the turned over train, wincing at the sounds of the people begging for help.

Turning to the train, Rengoku placed his hands on his hips and nodded. "I apologize, but I need to check up on the boys, I can't have them dying on me now" he said and turned to his heel. "You help them for the time being! I'll make sure my message for help will get to the headquarters as fast as I can" Rengoku tells her as he gave a piece of paper to his crow. "Make sure to get some help if you need it, ok?" He smiled at her.

The corner of Y/n's lips curled up before giving a small bow to him. "I-I'll do th-th-da be-besht I can, Rengoku-san"

 "I-I'll do th-th-da be-besht I can, Rengoku-san"

Rengoku smiles and pats her head. "I'm glad" he mumbles before disappearing from her sight.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

As Y/n helped the stuck passengers get out the train, she could hear a fight going on by the corner of the first train container but brushed it off. Feeling safe as she knew Rengoku's would be able to protect her form demons, after all, he is a hashira.

Knowing that they were fighting a demon, Y/n hurriedly gave directions to the people on where they should go and quickly hurrying back to help the other stuck passengers. Doing it over and over again until not a single passenger was left.

"Ha... finally done" Y/n panted, feeling her knees sting from the long time of kneeling to help the people and the feeling of numbness from her arms and hands because of carrying heavy part of the debris and helping people up whenever they broke a bone or was heavily injured.

Going over to the injured, she performs the basic first aid taught by Shinobu and quickly headed to where the fight was. Grabbing her sword that was in the Fran, she ran to the noisy part of the wreckage.

As soon as she turned the corner, a fist was already up in her face.

"Huh-

"Hashibira!"