2

"Move away!" Inosuke grumbled, kicking the blonde boy 'mercifully'. "Don't you know there's a demon in there?! It's scaring Y/n!" He growled, trying to push Senitsu away from the box which he held onto tightly.

"No! The owner of this box is not here! I'll protect this until he does!" Zenitsu says, hugging it closer to his chest, ignotpring the pain that the blue haired boy inflicted.

Y/n only watched, biting her nails as she felt more and more scared as seconds passed by. She wanted the bad person gone. She needed it gone now.

"O-Onii-s-sama..." she stuttered fearfully, she was too afraid to move, fearing that the box would open and attack her. Eventhough it's morning, she just couldn't help but shake to her bones.

Sensing Y/n's spiraling emotions, Inosuke glared at Zenitsu and raised his sword. "If you don't move, I'll skewer with it!" He shouts before pushing his sword down-

"Gaaahh!!"

"O-Onii-sama!"

Inosuke hissed, landing straight on back on his feet even when taken surprise. "What the hell!" Inosuke growled, glaring at the maroon haired boy he saw earlier.

"Stop hurting Zenitsu!" Tanjiro shouts angrily, his fists clenching tight. "Don't you see he's protecting it!?"

"Shut up! That demon's scaring Y/n!" Inosuke growled, pointing to Zenitsu's direction with his sword. "He shouldn't be protecting one of those demons anyway!" He adds, remembering what the boy he had challenged not too long ago had said to him.

"Just stop hurting Zenitsu!"

"No way! That guy's protecting the one thing we have to kill, you idiot!" Inosuke says to him before trying to skewer the two again.

"Oh no you don't!" Tanjiro shouts, dashing towards him and punching Inosuke's side.

Inosuke falls to his butt, groaning in impact. "Why you!" He shouts, immediately dashing towards Tanjiro and sliding down to kick him off his feet, which he successfully managed to do.

Tanjiro falls, but quickly got up and dodged Inosuke's punch. Seeing, Inosuke pull back, he immediately went in to punch, only for Inosuke to dodge sideways and punch Tanjiro's chest.

The burgundy haired boy gasps at the force of the punch, gritting his teeth. He had just fought with a demon with broken ribs, he can't believe he had to fight again, "S-stop it!" He shout, grabbing Inosuke's boar mask.

"Huh!?" Inosuke shouts, confused as to what the boy infront of him was about to do.

Tanjiro pulls his head back before slamming it down Inosuke's skull.

"Kyaaa!!! Did you hear that crack!? You broke your skulls!!!" Zenitsu shrieks, covering his own head.

A gasp escapes Y/n's lips, appalled to what just happened. "Onii-sama!" She called out, quickly hurrying to help him up as he had fallen due to shock. "Onii-sama! Are you ok?! Are you hurt-

"Stop worrying so much!" Inozuke shouts, slapping her hands away from him and stood up weakly. "I can handle it" he grumbled, still not taking his eyes off the maroon haired boy. His world was spinning in his eyes.

"O-oh... is that so..." Y/n muttered, drooping her head down.

Tanjiro glanced at her immediately once he smellled the intense scent of sadness radiating off her. Her brows scrunched up and went to scold the other boy. "Hey! Apolog-

"Agh! I'm sorry ok?! Geez! No need to cry about it!" Inosuke ignores him, as quickly tried to stop his sister from crying. He knew how much Y/n would cry, he didn't like the guilty feeling in his stomach if he's the one who made her cry. It would've been ok if it was others, he could beat them up anyways.

"Hey, stop it!" He says, wiping his sisters tears away hurriedly. Inosuke could feel his stomach churning at the sight of her now sobbing figure. "I said I was sorry!"

Sobs continued to come out of Y/n, her tears flowing uncontrollably. "O-Onii-sama is getting bad again! Y-you're b-being mean to me! You shouted!" Y/n sobbed, letting Inosuke wipe her tears away, panicking.

"S-so mean!"Y/n adds, her lips trembling.

"I know I know!"

Tanjiro, Zenitsu and the three kids watched the two, confused on how it escalated from here.

"They're siblings?" Tanjiro asks, his brow raised.

Zenitsu shrugged, slowly letting the box go. "That's what I heard" he replied, letting Shoichi wipe his blood away from his face.

"You!"

Tanjiro jolts, surprised. Looking at Inosuke, he's surprised to see him pointing one his swords directly at him. Inosuke glaring daggers made him gulp. Raising both of his hands, he signaled a truce.

"What do you want?" Tanjiro asks, unsure if the boy was going to attack again.

"Make my sister stop crying!" Inosuke demands.

Tanjiro's brows furrowed instantly. "What!? But yourher big brother! It's your job to calm her! We're just strangers!" He states, finding it ridiculous.

"I don't care! You were the one who hit me! Y/n doesn't like that!"

"A-are you serious?! She cried over something else! This is dumb-

"Don't insult my Onii-sama!" Y/n shouts, hiding behind Inosuke. Her tears slowly disappearing, as she glared at Tanjiro. "M-My Onii-sama is not stupid! He knows way more than you do!"Y/n states. As much as she hated her brother for making her cry, she can't just stand by as someone 'insults' him.

"Hah! See?" Inosuke huffed, proud that she still had his back. "My sister is- ack! What was that for?!!" He asks, holding the back of his head which Y/n just smacked.

"Don't get too cooky! You just made cry so much! You hit me too! It's unporgifable!" Y/n remarks, glaring at him. "Don't think that you're not in trouuble!"

Inosuke glares back, only to back down. "...Fine!"