13. Culinary Prince Detective

Kim Jaehyun was currently lying on the grass covered ground staring at the darkening sky. There were many thoughts running through his mind that he hadn't shared with anyone and didn't dare to share anyway.

He'd finished training with Reesae D'Atyris earlier and she'd beat him till he felt numb all over, his colleagues had probably also concluded training with the other masters.

They'd been training since the afternoon only taking short breaks before returning to the rigorous schedule. It'd been like this for nearly two months since they arrived.

Though the people treated them like high ranking nobles this way of being trained felt like they were machines or puppets only meant to move a certain way when needed.

Even though they had agreed to this, if Kim Jaehyun thought about it clearly it was only because at that time they didn't have much of a choice.

From the very beginning, they were at a disadvantage. The moment they entered the throne room they were surrounded with knights, obviously creating an intimidating atmosphere. Not only that but they were confused and even hungry having woken up in a new place after experiencing a tragic accident which even caused their deaths. It wasn't hard to manipulate people in such wretched states.

Their hope of returning home was immediately shattered and just as reality was sinking in, when they felt all was lost they were suddenly told that they could have a home here and even be welcomed as heros.

King Cyan seemed like the type of person that would discard anyone who wasn't useful or would likely stand in his way and that's why even after noticing all this, Kim Jaehyun advised his friends to agree to 'save' the kingdom from whatever disaster was prophesied. It was better to first guarantee the safety of their lives before making any decisions.

Right at this moment Kim Jaehyun was thinking of the person who came up with a negative aptitude. His requests to see that person had been denied the reasons being something different everytime which only affirmed his notion that King Cyan didn't keep people he felt were useless.

"Oppa," a soft voice sounded near him.

Kim Jaehyun turned his head to the side to see Lee Byeol peering down at him, not too far away with her hands on her knees and a smile on her face. "Lee Byeol," he pushed himself up to a sitting position and politely greeted her.

Lee Byeol tucked her hair behind her ear, cheeks blushing slightly as she averted his gaze. "Oppa, supper will be ready soon so I came to call you, you've been out here for almost an hour and it's getting late..."

"Oh... thank you," he could see there were no cuts or bruises on her arms which meant she stopped by the healers after training.

Kim Jaehyun got up and dusted himself. He picked up his training staff and along with Lee Byeol they went towards the great hall to have their supper.

Of course Kim Jaehyun had to visit the healers first then clean himself up before going there. He left Lee Byeol and turned down a different hallway.

After getting healed and cleaning himself up, Kim Jaehyun went to have supper with the others. Han Shinwoo (who was always first at the table) was busy chatting to Lee Byeol who looked annoyed, that smile became a happy one when she spotted Kim Jaehyun walking towards the table and she waved at him.

Park Hae-Jin was also there and she gave him a slight nod when their eyes met. Kim Jaehyun had noticed that she in particular adapted quite fast to their circumstances but after that she distanced herself from him and the other two.

Kim Jaehyun greeted them all and sat opposite Lee Byeol at the long wooden table. Soon, Prince Levi came in and sat at the head of the table, the four of them respectfully greeted him before starting their meals.