15. Crap Meter Rising

(A/N: [Crap metre current level: 65%] 👀)

Despite his previous thoughts, Qin Yu was constantly venturing outside the cave searching for Lee Hyun-Jin. He already made two trips and he kept returning to the starry cave simply because he found that something was wrong with Min.

It definitely was not normal for her body to radiate this much heat.

Qin Yu had seen many legendary beasts and in fact he used to take care of his masters legendary beast. He at first thought it was perhaps her reaction to the sudden invasion of strong external spirit which was coming from whatever called Lee Hyunjin away but even after it stopped her, the waves of heat coming off her were still strong as ever and such a reaction wasn't normal since she was such a powerful beast.

"Could it be..... does it have something to do with the children?" Qin Yu felt very distressed, Lee Hyunjin was missing and his 'siblings' (Seeing as the legendary beast treated him as her own child) might be born....

"Please hold on, I'll go out and search for him again." Qin Yu patted her head and left the starry cave. Right at the exit of the starry cave, he carved a spirit rune and it's purpose was to immediately warn him of anyone entering the cave since obviously Min wouldn't be leaving. He journeyed in a different direction than before searching for Lee Hyunjin.

"How is it that I have no perception of you? You are most definitely a living being and you don't even have spirit to conceal your existence so how?!"

Actually, after searching so hard, Qin Yu had conjured a theory in mind but he had no time to waste on proving it and also the subject of his theory was absent so he had no way of proving it. Besides it sounded completely crazy.

There was also the option that he was dead. That was the only other way Qin Yu wouldn't be able to sense him. But Qin Yu didn't want to believe that.

Qin Yu frowned, he'd only been living with them for a few weeks, besides their relationship was superficial right? They gave him Eneri and he gave them fire. It was like they had a non-verbal agreement so he didn't have to go this far...

But considering the fact that they saved his life, gave him shelter and also just how precious Eneri was... it was obvious giving them something like fire wasn't enough payment. They never asked for anything in return except that he roast their fish. Despite being lazy, they were obviously good people.

Qin Yu shook his head, the reason he was searching was not important. What was important was finding Lee Hyunjin and returning to the cave to find out what exactly was going on with the legendary beast.

Qin Yu suddenly froze. He detected something, something large and it had the same ominous aura as the spirit that had attacked them earlier.

"Why do I feel like he's definitely there...." Qin Yu looked towards the direction where he sensed the creature. "Is it also a legendary beast? Why? What's going on with this place?"

Legendary beasts were hard creatures to come by. Only someone like Qin Yu's master or his direct disciples would have a legendary beast. They were very rare creatures, so much that people doubted their existence.

Legendary beasts are animals that absorbed large amounts of spirits over time and evolved beyond there basic 'norms'. These creatures went as far as developing special abilities and if they evolved further they could develop a human form.