64. Chaos: Emergency Summons

Zeiha was back at the inn watching over the children. He didn't have to do much because as soon as Lee Hyunjin left they all fell into a cycle of depression.

Minjae and Minho gathered around their sister and sat down sulking. Minhee was even quieter than usual and it wasn't because she was asleep. She was just quietly staring at nothing in particular, her eyes sad.

Zeiha was more worried about Lee Hyunjin than the children. His master assigned him the task of protecting this human but he couldn't do that if he was far away.

Still Zeiha knew that his master was rather crafty. He knew about the emergency summons Einari had fixed into the vambrace she gave Lee Hyunjin.

It would activate once Lee Hyunjin either absorbed too much corrupted spirit or was in a dangerous situation and Zeiha would be summoned there.

What Zeiha didn't know and only recently learned was that he could take people along with him when answering the emergency summons.

Three kids were currently on his back looking at their eldest with sulky expressions as if complaining about how he left them behind.

Lee Hyunjin was so taken aback that the shadow he had created started to fall apart.

Release all of it slowly to avoid backlash, I'll deal with the enemy. Zeiha instructed him. My master made it so that I could be here.

It takes a lot of spirit to create something like the emergency summons for someone who isn't even a master therefore the number of times it could be used was limited greatly.

Zeiha growled, We can discuss this later

Lee Hyunjin did his best to release the energy, all of it drained out of him. Releasing it was easier than holding it in and just as the energy dissipated Zeiha spoke to him again.

Your friend has arrived as well

"Eh?"

"Strange human, you did not die I am greatly relieved."

Lee Hyunjin looked back to see Kim Jaehyun on Cerberus's back coming towards them.

"It was hard to find you, why do you have no scent?" Cerberus asked.

When they reached him, Kim Jaehyun jumped off Cerberus's back and went towards Lee Hyunjin. He could see bloody state of his leg that Lee Hyunjin had pulled the arrows out of.

He swore underneath his breath.

Kim Jaehyun looked towards the armoured men who were now watching them more cautiously, perhaps they could sense that the people that arrived weren't weak.

"Can you get move?" Kim Jaehyun asked.

Lee Hyunjin nodded his head. "I should be able to, it's not as bad as it looks," he lied.

The kids got off of Zeiha's back and marched towards Lee Hyunjin, rubbing against his uninjured leg as a show of their worry and affection.

Kim Jaehyun suddenly spoke but his tone was icy, "well how is it that the situation is still getting worse?"

Lee Hyunjin looked up to see more enemies had arrived. A great number of them came and they all stood opposite them ready to attack. Lee Hyunjin paled.

"By the way, strange one, do you know what these things are?" Cerberus asked Lee Hyunjin as he stood in front of him protectively along with his master.

"I'll explain later, what we should do is get away from these guys as fast as possible," he looked to Kim Jaehyun, "don't let them touch you and don't let their arrows hit you, you'll be eroded faster than you know."