7. Otaku & Co

Quite suddenly King Cyan's demeanour changed, it became less oppressive. He examined the four that had entered and then he smiled. When he showed this smile it was quite surprising and really made them feel like that cold look from before was an illusion.

"I am King Cyan Ledris, these are my sons, First Prince Levi Ledris and second prince Keith Ledris."

"My name is Kim Jaehyun, these are my classmates, Han Shinwoo, Lee Byeol and Park Hae-Jin."

King Cyan tilted his head still smiling, "your names are quite unique."

"Sir... I mean, your majesty," Kim Jaehyun carefully started. He didn't fail to notice Prince Levi glare at him when he said 'sir'.

"You told us to forget about returning, could you please explain further?"

"Did I sound imposing?" King Cyan said. "I just didn't want to give you any false hope, you see. I'd rather you're made aware immediately. Going home now isn't possible. Especially not for people like you," he rested his chin in his palm, the smile on his face turned to a frown as if he felt bad for them.

"What do you mean?" Kim Jaehyun asked, his brows knitted.

Han Shinwoo watched this exchange with a impatience in his eyes. Could they please skip to the part where the king asks them for help protecting his kingdom from the demon kings army? Seriously even if Kim Jaehyun was being wary he should know which question to ask first!

Han Shinwoo was a bit frustrated, he didn't get his moment to look cool and now he was stuck in the throne room with two of probably the most important characters in this world going back and forth and he suspected that they would just keep stirring in the pot without adding the main ingredient.

He inwardly sighed and took action, "s-sunbae-nim," he called Kim Jaehyun.

"Shinwoo give me a moment," Kim Jaehyun said apologetically to him.

"No... I think that maybe you should first ask why we are here in the first place, I mean it might also have something to do with going back home..." Han Shinwoo made himself small, actually he really did feel nervous because the royal family of three with identical frosty gazes turned their attention to him the moment he spoke. He felt like the combined cold gazes could turn him into a block of ice instantly.

Kim Jaehyun pursed his lips... he had a point. "Alright..." he turned back to a king Cyan.

"You're friend is quite smart," King Cyan said then he laughed a little, "do you all remember what happened before you woke up here?"

The four nodded. "Yes."

"That's good, although it is very unfortunate you all really died just as you remember." King Cyan scanned their broken expressions for a moment.
He continued, "your souls were summoned here and if you're wondering why you still have your original appearance it's because you were given new bodies as you came to our world, bodies that took on your original appearance according to the information your soul provided."

He didn't give them a chance to fully take in the information and simply continued explaining. "As for the reason you are here..."

King Cyan's expression was now stern as if this really was a great problem weighing on his shoulders.

Han Shinwoo thought, this is it! They are going to find out their purpose now and obviously they should agree to help because they don't want many people to die and blah blah blah....

Han Shinwoo suppressed the smile that was about to form on his mouth. He hid the anticipation and glee in his eyes by lowering his head, making it look like he was having a hard time processing everything.