8. Jaguar & Me

The forest they lived in was much larger than they thought it was. It spanned on and on as if it never ended and some places the two of them hadn't even been too yet. They didn't know where exactly the edge of the forest was or what was beyond it.

On this journey they went in the direction where the sun rose (East). Min leisurely walked ahead of him whilst stopping occasionally to make sure he was keeping up.

"I'm right behind you," Lee Hyunjin chuckled.

Grrrr.

"Uh huh, but moving slow is fine t—

Grrrr

"Min-ah! Put me down! I said I'd walk!"

Min ignored him and kept walking after dumping him on her back.

Usually whenever they went for a walk they'd mark the tree where they stopped before heading back. This was easy to do with Min's claws.

When she scratched the tree, four jagged, long and deep claw marks would be left and every time Lee Hyunjin would wonder if the tree would continue to live after that, he was grateful that she wouldn't use her claws on him.

If Min was not Min the day he arrived here he might have been nicely shredded and eaten. How nice it was to be a live, regardless of where.

This time they went passed the last mark they left and about a hundred feet away from that mark, Min suddenly went rigid.

The fur on her body stood on end and she growled viciously.

"Min-Ah? What's wrong?" Lee Hyunjin immediately reached out petting her so she could calm down.

Grrrrrrr

"Is there something there?"

Min didn't answer him and instead circled around, she paced back and forth restlessly. She was obviously agitated.

"There doesn't seem to be anything," Lee Hyunjin said after looking around. "Is it something you smell? If it makes you uncomfortable let's go back okay?"

Grrrrrrrrrr

"Eh? Are you sure?"

Grrrrr

"It's fine then let's go."

Min finally stepped forward and the scene came into view clearly.

White cloths were strewn about and some of them were stained with what Lee Hyunjin guessed was blood.

Lee Hyunjin looked around cautiously.

There were absolutely no bodies in sight. It was more like the blood stained clothes had just been tossed there.

"Is it the blood you were smelling?" He asked Min. Min responded affirmatively.

Now he understood why she was on edge. There had been humans here and perhaps she didn't take well other humans as she did him and also the fact that blood was shed agitated her more.

Min probably thought that they might be more humans and they might try to attack the two of them.

"It's fine Min-ah, there's no one here."

Min walked carefully through the place and the two of them examined everything as they passed. It looked like a fight had broken out but they couldn't tell whether people died or not.

Well it wasn't their business and it was best not to get curious.

Among the many white robes scattered around, Lee Hyunjin managed to spot one with no blood stains at all. It was a pleasant surprise and his eyes sparkled.