48. Convergence (VI)

Lee Hyunjins room was on the first floor so he had to walk down a set of stairs to get to the dining hall which was practically empty.

Lee Hyunjin didn't know that Levi had booked the entire place so he thought perhaps the inn didn't get many customers in the first place.

When he made it to the table that was prepared for them, he found only Levi sitting there. Levi said stoically, "glad you could join us."

"Is it alright for us all to eat here?" Lee Hyunjin asked, referring to the children as well.
Levi glanced at the small cub in his hand and nodded, "of course, please eat your fill, all of you."

Lee Hyunjin was relieved and grateful, "thank you!"

On the other hand Levi was amazed by Lee Hyunjins earnestness. He said to Lee Hyunjin, "take a seat, the others will be arriving shortly."

True to his word, not a minute later, Kim Jaehyun came down, his complexion looked much better and he didn't seem to be in panic mode anymore.

His eyes scanned the room, pausing on Levi for a moment, the strange glance he gave Levi made the other curious.

Kim Jaehyun looked at the circular table and then chose to sit beside Lee Hyunjin, he gave a nod to Levi as a greeting.
Lee Hyunjin coughed awkwardly and said to him, "I take it you're feeling better now?"
There was silence at the table as Kim Jaehyun looked a bit dazedly at Lee Hyunjin, unsure of what to say, he'd asked Lee Hyunjin if he'd lost his memories but the other hadn't answered him.

Kim Jaehyun nodded his head, "I'm alright, sorry about earlier."

Lee Hyunjin shook his head, "if you still feel a bit off I can give you some Eneri, whenever I eat them it calms my nerves"

Levi cut in at that moment, "eat them?"
Lee Hyunjin nodded, "yes... you don't?"

"You mean you just eat them as they are?" Kim Jaehyun asked.

Lee Hyunjin nodded. "I mean out of all the plants I've eaten Eneri is best one. The petals are softer and the texture is is good plus the taste is amazing, you should try it," Lee Hyunjin recommended

Kim Jaehyun and Levi were both quiet for a moment before Kim Jaehyun chuckled lightly, "as expected of a Culinary student."

Lee Hyunjin felt like he was being made fun of somehow but he couldn't tell from Kim Jaehyun's words so he just looked away and absentmindedly stroked Minhee's fur.

That's when Kim Jaehyun noticed the little creatures that were hanging around them. He asked Lee Hyunjin, "these are?"

Lee Hyunjin introduced the cubs one by one, including Zeiha who was calmly sitting on Lee Hyunjins feet under the table.

At the mention of their names, Minjae and Minho popped their heads out from under the table, they manoeuvred around Kim Jaehyun's feet as a greeting.

They were still children and they couldn't sense any malice from the people at the table thus they were very trusting.

Minhee though; was silently observing Kim Jaehyun.

At last, Lee Byeol and Han Shinwoo came down the stairs, Han Shinwoo apologised for being late and explained that they were checking on Park Haejin.

"Park Haejin still isn't feeling too well," Han Shinwoo said, "she won't be coming down."

Kim Jaehyun was about to scoff but he withheld it and glanced at Lee Hyunjin who was seriously looking at Lee Byeol and Han Shinwoo. Does he recognise them?

Noticing his gaze, Han Shinwoo arched a brow, "you're Lee Hyunjin right? I heard Jaehyun sunbae calling your name."

Lee Hyunjin snapped out of his stupor and nodded his head, "nice to meet you..."