18. Culinary Prince Detective

Min, after staying cooped up in the cave for a long time finally stepped outside of it along with one Lee Hyunjin, a Qin Yu and four kids. Their family of three became a family of seven.

Minju was comfortably settled on top of Qin Yu's head whilst Minhee was on Lee Hyunjins head and the other two, Minjae and Minho were riding on Min's back. All four of them were fully exercising their rights as babies and chose to be carried instead of walking.

Min walked ahead whilst Qin Yu and Lee Hyunjin trailed behind her. Qin Yu was lecturing Lee Hyunjin on Spirit and teaching him how to absorb it from Eneri and other plants, these mini lessons became routine for both of them ever since Lee Hyunjin could suddenly speak the common language of Arshnix.

But Lee Hyunjin was a slow learner and he had to be patient with him.

Still... What Qin Yu wanted most was for Lee Hyunjin to learn enough so that he can draw a 'protection' spirit rune on his own so it could repel lesser creatures that were residing in Ifvnar.  The only problem was Lee Hyunjins low spirit, he had to absorb it from the things around him in order to draw runes and even just drawing one rune would take all the spirit he had.
Runes weren't really something someone could easily learn and use.

But if he learnt Qin Yu would at least be sure that Lee Hyunjin will live a little longer even after he leaves to search for his brothers since he was almost completely healed of the internal injuries he received when forcefully opening a door from one realm to another and going through it.

Qin Yu had yet to tell them that he planned to leave but at the same time he felt as if both Min and Lee Hyunjin already knew.

~•~

Kim Jaehyun was training again. Currently he was infusing spirit into the wooden staff he'd been using after being instructed by Reesae D'Atyris.

His goal was to strengthen the staff so that when he struck the hard stone surface of the training pillar it would not break but so far, he's already broken fifty staffs today and had yet to successfully fortify a single one.

At this point he felt a bit annoyed. They would be leaving for ifvnar soon and he at the very least wanted to learn strengthening before they started their journey.

Who would have thought it'd be so hard to not only infuse the entire structure of the staff with spirit but also keep it constant and balanced throughout the body of the staff.

It required a lot of focus and thus Kim Jaehyun was amazed when he saw Reesae pull it off effortlessly during a sparring match where she couldn't even look away from her opponent for a second.

Strengthening was a basic skill yet it was so hard.

"Sunbae!" One of his companions called to him and it was none other than Han Shinwoo.

He turned his staff, letting it stand beside him in his hand. "Shinwoo, you're here," soon after Kim Jaehyun said this another person walked in through the doors of the training room. It was Lee Byeol.

"Why are both of you here?" He asked with a smile.

Han Shinwoo answered, "I came to see how you were doing and talk to you about the trip."

Lee Byeol piped up behind him, her airy voice was a bit bashful, "m-me too."

"Really? That's great," Kim Jaehyun said before he patted the floor inviting them to sit after sitting down himself, "where is Park Haejin?"

Han Shinwoo shook his head, "she must still be training. She doesn't really talk to anyone much," he shrugged as if it was a pity.

Kim Jaehyun nodded, he was well aware of Park Haejins sudden change in attitude and  he wasn't shocked by it.