19. Min, Jin and Qin

Min bypassed Qin Yu after telling him to stay with the children. He heard the splash of water and knew that she's swam towards the shore.

Qin Yu was worried. Min had only just completed a growth phase and he'd also sense the other legendary beast strength before so he knew that Min was not strong enough to face off against it and win. But Min would not leave Lee Hyunjin, he was very aware of this fact.

Qin Yu took the four children to the back of the cave where the shadows were the thickest. There was some left over wood so he lit a fire and used spirit to draw a small barrier around it, that way the children wouldn't get burnt if they got close to it. Since they liked playing with fire this would keep them occupied and calm.

Beasts like these children were highly sensitive, these kids had probably also sensed the danger but due to their young minds they didn't really register it so the fire easily drew their attention.

All except for Minhee who's lazy eyes were shifting from Qin Yu to the cave opening. She was usually languid making it seem as though with every blink she was closer and closer to falling asleep but this time her amber eyes carried a trace of vigilance.

She clumsily got up on her tiny paws and padded over to Qin Yu who was sitting slightly in front of them like a guard. With her small but sharp teeth she nibbled on his finger as if trying to pull him a certain direction.

Qin Yu stopped her efforts, picking her up with both his hands he stroked her soft black fur to soothe her, "it's okay Minhee..." he said whilst looking towards the opening of the cave.

Outside the cave, Mins powerful paws stepped up onto the shore and her eyes spotted Lee Hyunjin he was curled into a ball shivering violently. She walked over to him carefully looking over his trembling figure.

Min sniffed the air lightly, in her eyes she could perceive strong scents by colour when she focused her spirit and at the moment there was a misty red fog coming from Lee Hyunjin... specifically his shoulder.

Mins gaze was saddened, her human was obviously suffering because of this. After living together for so long she knew very well how unlucky her human was. He seemed to naturally attract bad things like a powerful magnet, be they small or big they'd come to him.

Take for example the wolf that ruined his leg. There were many creatures in ifvnar and that wolf could be considered as one of the weaklings.
Her  human was attacked multiple times and if she was not there he'd definitely not be alive. It was because of this that Min liked to stay in the caves not just because she was lazy but because her human was safest if he was in the cave.

Min got closer to Lee Hyunjin, she recognised the spirit that was leaking off him and a frightening growl instinctively ripped from her throat.

In this forest, Min certainly wasn't the strongest. Ifvnar had a king of its own and she was not it, there was another beast ruled over the others with that title and Min knew who it was because she clashed with him.

(A/N: Ifvnar, also known as "The poison forest")

The python that guarded the cove full of glistening Eneri, it's name was Rui and it was this beast that had marked Lee Hyunjin.

Min very carefully picked up Lee Hyunjin with her teeth, dropping him on her back as if he were as fragile as the little children. She swam back to the starry cave and set him down in the corner.

Qin Yu watched her every move. He watched as Min pressed her nose against Lee Hyunjins back. She closed her eyes and soon as she did, Qin Yu felt the air stir.

A dim golden glow leaked from Min's body then softly moved through the air wrapping around Lee Hyunjin. She was transferring some of her spirit to ease the pain Lee Hyunjin was in. Eventually he relaxed and seemed to have fallen asleep, no longer gripping his shoulder.