60. Chaos

(A/N: 'corruption' can refer to two things, (highly concentrated (pure) corrupted spirit or when corrupted spirit starts to eat away at someone's internal spirit which would then lead to Erosion which is basically damaging the physical body, symptoms of erosion is blackened skin.)
.
.
.
.
.
[Crap meter level: 10%]

Zhang Jue was about to give up and end his own life but he didn't even have the strength to kill himself.

The corrupted spirit his body had generated was so much so that it was coming out of him and polluting the surrounding area. Whatever Zhang Jue touched eroded, if he came in contact with a person whilst he was in this state, they'd surely die.

Zhang Jue didn't always have the ability to generate corrupted spirit, it was only after that woman took him and did her experiments.

Zhang Jue was in a lot of pain and he was unable to move, at this moment he couldn't even think of warning the other about that woman's plan.

All he could think, all he could hope was that someone would come and end his suffering but even then, that person would have to go through the corrupted spirit and would end up dying.

Zhang Jue's hopes were futile. There wasn't anything he could do, but he didn't want to wait till the corruption eroded his consciousness and he became one of her monsters.

In fact he was pretty sure that she would find him soon, she'd probably already sent out her monsters and it was just a matter of time before they find him.

The corruption his body was producing far surpassed that of the one in Ifvnar in purity thus it would be child's play for her to find him.

If this was the case it would be better if no one found him because she would undoubtedly kill them or make them one of her monsters if she happened to find them.

Someone like that would just be really unlucky.....

"Is anyone there?"

(A/N: an unlucky person has appeared!)

Zhang Jue who couldn't do anything but move his eyes saw a person walking towards him.

How was this person walking through the corruption?

Adorned in white, that person slowly moved through the darkness completely unharmed, he was like a ray of light piercing through the waves of unending darkness and that light was coming towards him.

Zhang Jue for a moment thought, will I really be saved?

"Hey can you hear me?"

Zhang Jue looked at this person with black hair and a black eye, he tried to warn them to get away lest the erosion starts but that person just drew closer to him. Zhang Jue couldn't speak well enough so he couldn't give a verbal warning.

That was when Zhang Jue saw the name inscribed on the sleeve of his robe.

'Zhang Jue'

It was his own hanfu.....

Zhang Jue subconsciously forced the words out of his own mouth. Those two words drained him of any energy he had and his consciousness flickered.

He couldn't help but be sorry for this person who found him.
If you don't get away from me you'll either die or become that woman's puppet once she finds us....

.
.
.
.
Lee Hyunjin was shocked, this person.... his name was Zhang Jue? Or did he think Lee Hyunjin was Zhang Jue? Isn't that the name of Yu's youngest brother? The one who's hanfu he was wearing?

Lee Hyunjin didn't have time to put two and two together as Zhang Jue's eyes slowly shut. He decided to resolve his suspicions later.

"Hey! Hey! Come on wake up," Zhang Jue didn't respond, Lee Hyunjin looked around him, was it perhaps the corrupted spirit?