28. Otaku&Co

Han Shinwoo saw everything and so did Lee Byeol. The two of them had finally decided to train on their own for once and as they were arriving at the training grounds they happened to see Park Haejin and Kim Jaehyun, both of them holding their weapons to each other's necks.

Even the knights had stopped to watch. They knew how strong these two in particular were and thought they might see a good fight but that did not happen because Park Haejin walked away.

The air was tense between them even if Kim Jaehyun had burst into laughter. Suffice to say although Han Shinwoo and Lee Byeol didn't put in as much training as the others, they'd still honed their senses up to a certain point so they could actually hear what the other two were saying and they were completely baffled.

What 'sins' was Park Haejin talking about? The culinary department's prince actually had some dark past they weren't aware of? What about the person they were talking about.... Did they kill someone?

What was even more shocking was the dark expression Kim Jaehyun had on his face after Park Haejin walked away from him. His eyes which usually held a warm and gentle light were colder than Prince Levi's icy gaze. The veins on his arm were sticking out as he gripped his staff tightly. He didn't move from where he stood for a long time and merely glared in the direction Park Haejin had gone. The air around him was actually scary.

Han Shinwoo and Lee Byeol tacitly decided to turn away and for the first time the two of them had a proper conversation.

"That.... what did sunbae mean? Who's Wangja? And what sin was Park Haejin talking about?" Lee Byeol asked nervously. She looked a bit jittery and her eyes were darting around as if she was aware that she was asking something she shouldn't ask.

Han Shinwoo shook his head, "I don't know... I didn't even know they knew each other... I mean back in class they never talked to each other..." Han Shinwoo thought back to the days they were in college.

Park Haejin and Kim Jaehyun really hadn't been close at all, they were completely strangers to each other the only time they been seen together was... practically never. But witnessing this scene at the training grounds made Han Shinwoo think of something.

There was actually an old rumour that had died as quickly as it came. That the culinary department Prince, Kim Jaehyun, had a big argument with his girlfriend in the classroom.

The details were unclear and of course since it traveled by word of mouth it had obviously gone through serious modifications so no one, including Han Shinwoo, knew just how much of it was true let alone who the 'girlfriend' was.
.
.
.
.
.

One day, one specific day, a small number of people had born witness to Kim Jaehyuns 'dark side' and also got a glimpse of his relationship with Park Haejin.

Class had started late that day but two people had arrived early and were standing at the front of the class. The large windows had the curtains drawn back so the bright morning sunlight flooded in making the two figures blurry and dark to the people standing opposite.

Park Haejin who was a full head shorter than Kim Jaehyun was glaring up at him, one hand gripped his collar tightly and she asked in an angry voice, "what did you do?! Jaehyun what the hell did you do?"

Kim Jaehyun had an equally furious expression, he didn't hesitate to ruthlessly rip Park Haejins hand from his collars which in turn forced three of his buttons off in the process, "don't act like you're innocent. You did something too didn't you? What did you do Haejin? What terrible things did you say?"