37. The Cusp Of Insanity (III)

Did I get eaten?

What's happening?!

Lee Hyunjin panicked, he patted his body to make sure all of him was intact and that's when he realised.... all of him was intact.

Wasn't I eaten by dogs? Did I die again?

Is that why I'm here?

Minhee who was sleeping on his lap stirred awake thanks to all his movements.

Her amber eyes locked in on Lee Hyunjin and she couldn't help but feel extremely happy. Though Lee Hyunjin couldn't see in the dark, she could.

She padded around on his lap happily, even attempting nudging her brothers awake which didn't work.

Grrrrrrrrr!

"Minhee?" Lee Hyunjin who'd been terrified even more after feeling something move around on his legs felt relieved, it was just Minhee...

-Grrrrrrrrr!

"Why do you sound so happy?"

Minhee patted his stomach with her two paws, her way of asking him to pick her up. Lee Hyunjin obliged, picking up the tiny ball of fluff and bringing her up to his face.

When she was close enough, Minhee licked his nose, giving him a start which was then followed by laughter.

"You were really worried, weren't you?" He rubbed her head with his thumb, "I'm sorry I worried you."

Minhee had finally relaxed, returning to her usual languid self. Lee Hyunjin was somehow fine now... he wasn't sick anymore and his heart was beating, he was alive and awake.

Grrr.

"Thank you," Lee Hyunjin said.

He reached out and then gently woke up the two that were sleeping on either side of him... why did he feel that they'd somehow gotten bigger again?

Even if you're children of a legendary beast, don't grow so fast!

"So.... what happened? Did we all get eaten?" Lee Hyunjin asked.

It was nice that they were together but if they got eaten by something bigger .....

Just when Lee Hyunjin was about to start thinking of ways to escape this predicament, he heard someone speak from outside whatever they were in.

"Have you woken up? That's good. Please do not worry, you're safe."

"Are you sure? Cause it feels like we've been eaten and that isn't exactly what I'd call safe," Lee Hyunjin said, "also who are you?"

The person outside chuckled lightly, "wait a moment, I'll let you down."

"Let us down?"

"You're currently suspended a good hundred metres or so in the air."

Lee Hyunjin was grateful that he wasn't successful in conjuring an escape plan.

"Okay, then ...please let us down."

The sphere that had kept them safe throughout the night suddenly cracked open the vines pulled apart like threads and then they grasped each one of them, slowly bringing them down to the ground.

Lee Hyunjin kept his eyes closed through out, no way he was looking down! When their feet touched the ground he felt extremely relieved.

He looked up to see the vines that had been holding them only to see they were completely black, as if they'd rotted away somehow. Those very vines suddenly fell to the ground.