53. Ifvnar

(A/N: Short chapter...🙇‍♀️🍞🥛)
.
.
.
.
The small party of five humans and four beasts had been walking for quite a while and surprisingly met with no dangers this was likely because of Artemis's presence, as a powerful legendary beast, uncorrupted beasts of lower rankings avoided him out of fear.

Levi walked behind the four silently he watched Lee Byeol speak with Han Shinwoo whilst Kim Jaehyun and Park Haejin had quite the distance between them.
Artemis spoke whilst walking beside him, master did these children argue?

Levi shook his head, "nothing I would know of but I suspect it has something to do with Hyunjin, especially since Ms.Park seems to be avoiding him."

Right, she didn't even show her face to him.

"Anyway Temis those are their matters, we have no business prying in them unless they cause us problems."

Master you are wise! Artemis said seriously, it wouldn't be wrong to say that crown prince Levi's greatest fan was Artemis.
Levi patted his head.

After a while of walking with their beasts, he asked them to stop, "alright, I assume you all have plans on how you will go about your journey, do try not to get lost or eaten. Survive this and you'll be one step closer to growing more powerful—oh and having someone hunt the beast for you does not count," Levi's gaze drifted to Lee Byeol who flinched when she made eye contact with him, "I'll know," he simply said.

Levi surveyed them all silently for a moment, he understood that this may in fact be the last he sees of them and although this was his own idea, he would much rather they all survive, "do not die, prove your strength without losing your life," he recited the words he spoke to the first team he'd ever led when he joined the knights at the young age of 15. It was both a request and an order. Levi gave them all a pat on the back which was rather awkward.

Han Shinwoo thought, isn't he being a bit touchy today? Normally he wouldn't even offer a hand shake... this mysophobic-ice prince.

As if he'd read his thoughts, Artemis glared at Han Shinwoo who stopped his line of thought immediately.

Levi stood before then once more and said, "any last words before we part?"

Han Shinwoo's internal monologue: last words? Aren't you the one who said don't die? Might as well read the eulogy you've prepared

Kim Jaehyun was the one to speak out loud, "so do we get a reward for hunting a strong beast?"

Levi sighed internally, "this isn't a hunting competition."

Kim Jaehyun clicked his tongue in obvious dissatisfaction and said, "then I'll be off, see you back at the inn," he waved his hand.

That's a protagonist for you! So cool! Han Shinwoo cleared his throat and spoke, "I'll be off too sir!" He saluted and quickly ran in the direction Kim Jaehyun had walked off in.

Levi always felt that something was strange about that one but he couldn't figure it out.
Park Haejin silently climbed up onto Bada's back and rode away whilst Lee Byeol followed Han Shinwoo after respectfully excusing herself albeit  awkwardly.

Levi sighed what a strange group, he shook his head, "Temis we have work to do."

Artemis returned to his original size and Levi jumped onto his back, his hair that had fallen over his forehead made him appear just a gentler.

He briefly glanced in the direction the others had gone and then at his command Artemis flapped his wings and the two flew in a completely different direction than the others.