14. Crap Meter Rising

Qin Yu felt a sharp pain in his head that woke him from his sleep. He recognised instantly what was the cause of this pain. His internal spirit was resisting another persons spirit.

He sat up and looked towards the cave opening before turning to where Lee Hyunjin should be. He thought perhaps it was his doing but then he saw no movement from there and also remembered that the other had no spirit.

"Lee Hyunjin," he called but there was no response. Qin Yu got up. He could see Min's figure cloaked by the shadows and he carefully walked around her only to see that the spot where Lee Hyunjin would usually be tucked in was empty.

"You..." he looked at the sleeping Min with shock, "did you end up sleeping on him?!"

Regardless of his shouts Min didn't wake up and thats when Qin Yu heard it clearly

Come to me~

A voice, projected with powerful spirit that gave an ominous feel. It was hypnotic and felt as if he was being drugged.

Pain winced through his head again as he roused his own spirit to fend off the invasion. "Don't tell me...." he looked towards the opening of the cave as he came to a realisation, "that fool!" He immediately ran towards the opening.

Judging from the amount of pain he felt and also the amount of spirit he used to fight off the invasion, he could tell that whatever was the cause of this was very strong and someone like Lee Hyunjin who had no spirit didn't stand a chance at all.

It makes sense! Of course someone like him would be susceptible to things like this! 

Qin Yu had spent most of his days absorbing the spirit from the Eneri that Min would bring him in exchange he roasted fish for her and Lee Hyunjin. Since now that he was with them they had the privilege of fire which he could create using spirit.

He'd stored up a considerable amount of spirit in his body whilst using most of it to heal his injuries. So fortunately he had enough to fortify his mental barriers and reject the external spirit.

Qin Yu cast out his awareness (perception of living beings near him) using some of his spirit and it's spread far. He knew that it had not been long since the perpratrator started their attack so Lee Hyunjin couldn't have gotten too far especially with that leg of his.

It was hard to notice since Min usually carried him around but when Lee Hyunjin walked, he was always limping and Qin Yu saw this.

Qin Yu stopped running. "I can't sense him..." he frantically looked around, "I can't sense him at all! Why? Is it because he has no spirit?.... then, then how do I find him? The beast! She'll be able to find him!"

Qin Yu quickly returned to the cave to wake Min. He shook her and shook her but surprisingly Min didn't wake at all, she didn't even budge.

"You have to wake up! That fools been kidnapped!"

Qin Yu felt helpless. "Min, you need to wake up or else Lee Hyunjin will be lost to us."

Still Min didn't wake up.

"Argh! What am I supposed to do?!" Qin Yu held his head in frustration when a thought suddenly crossed his mind. It was like a quiet whisper, very gently coaxing him from the depth of his mind, I don't have to do anything, it's not like he's one of my brothers...

.
.
.
.

Once upon a time, Lee Hyunjin had an older brother. He was small at that time about five years old and he would follow his brother around everywhere.