39. Reminiscence I

(A/N: almost 40 chapters!!!🥳🥳🥳
Celebration bread for everyone 🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🍞🥯🥯🥯🥯🥯🥯 and of course milk 🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛🥛)

Okay! Now, it's time for a little backstory for our... I guess he's kinda like the second protagonist 🤔🤔 in a way.

Be prepared, this is gonna be a long arc.

.
.
.
.

When Kim Jaehyun stepped into the summoning hall, a number of lamps that were pinned to the wall lit up, revealing the entirety of the circular room.

There was nothing special about the room, it was completely empty. Kim Jaehyun felt confused. He walked forward towards the centre of the room.

And when he looked down he saw there was a rectangular plate slightly protruding from the floor.

Kim Jaehyun squatted down and touched the metallic plate with the tips of his fingers, as soon as he did a flash of light enveloped the room and as it dissipated Kim Jaehyun could see words starting to inscribe themselves on the plate. He slowly deciphered the words that were written in the common language of Ledris.

Do you see yourself worthy?

Then prove it

It was two short and concise sentences, asking a question and issuing a challenge. If the beasts were the ones that wrote this then they were surely arrogant.

Kim Jaehyun let out a sneer. He was alone in this room, he'd already spread out his awareness and made sure of that, in fact, the moment he stepped into this room it was as if nothing existed outside the walls of it. He couldn't even sense Prince Levi. It was as if he stepped into another realm entirely.

There was no need to wear his facade of amicability especially if he'd be making a contract with a beast that would be with him for years to come.

Kim Jaehyun stood over the metallic plate and faced the ceiling, there was a slight frown on his handsome face as he thought, Do I see myself worthy?

Then he answered his own question, well it depends, worthy of what?

He thought it was quite a vague question, worthy of what? Riches? Glory? Power? Love? Friendship? Or maybe the thing he'd been looking for: forgiveness.

Kim Jaehyun didn't know, perhaps for something of those things he'd answer with a 'yes' or a 'maybe' but for the last one he'd surely answer with a 'no', so truly you needed to be specific if you were going to ask someone such a question.

Kim Jaehyun chuckled, but if you're asking me whether or not I'm worthy of you.... well I'll let you determine that for yourself

A dark red aura began oozing from Kim Jaehyuns body, his blue eyes seemed to darken and the air itself trembled as the essence of his power spread through it like a wild fire in a forest.

Kim Jaehyun didn't hold back like he usually did, he felt as if he was finally letting loose after so many years. There was an intense glare in his eyes as the pure red aura filled the entirety of the room, the atmosphere was dampened with his spirit that was fierce like a roaring lion, poised to attack.

Am I worthy?

See for yourself

Kim Jaehyun grit his teeth, he drew out his spirit from its depth, pouring it all out without end. Suffice to say out of all of the summoned ones in Ledris he had the most spirit within himself.

Suddenly, amidst his rampant power that engulfed the whole room and pounded against the walls as if trying to break through, a number of thunderous roars sounded.