32. Our amazing Artemis!

"Temis, behave," Prince Levi said whilst tugging at Artemis's ear.

Artemis was being stubborn, he wouldn't let anyone but Prince Levi sit in the saddle on his back. He already threw off Han Shinwoo twice and he was about to do the same to Lee Byeol.

"We already agreed you'd do this, didn't we?" Prince Levi asked.

Artemis averted his eyes and stayed quiet, refusing to deny or agree. Prince Levi felt helpless he tried to coax the beast, "Temis... be good okay?" He very gently rubbed Artemis' neck. Whenever he did that, Artemis' feathers would tremble in delight ever so slightly and he never failed to notice it.

Seeing that the beast had calmed down, Levi made a suggestion, "how about I ride with all of you? Artemis won't dare throw me off right?" He said that last part towards the culprit.

Artemis looked like he wanted to complain but he didn't say anything, he just puffed out his chest in a show of arrogance.

Han Shinwoo and the others noticed that Prince Levi was talking much more than usual and even with a gentle-more friendly tone. It was rather amusing and also made one feel envious of the person on the receiving end of that gentleness.

And it was as if Artemis was aware of this, he stubbornly plopped his chin on top of Prince Levi's head making him sigh helplessly. "Temis..."

The knights that were present couldn't help but laugh, majority of them had met Artemis and they also knew very well how their crown prince was.

Artemis was actually completely spoiled by Prince Levi, that was why he could act in such a manner. It was to the point that none of the Knights would be surprised if Prince Levi decided to cancel this training session due to Artemis' stubbornness.

But Prince Levi surprisingly remained adamant. "Mr.Han, would you like to try again?" He asked Han Shinwoo who was currently being looked at by a healer because when Artemis threw him off they were several metres in the air luckily one of the knights caught him.

"How about someone else try first... I'm still a bit dizzy," he said sheepishly. Even if it's a magical creature that I've only ever seen in anime do you know how scary it is to be thrown from that height? No thank you! Try next door! Goodbye!

Prince Levi didn't insist, he skipped over Lee Byeol who had an uncomfortable expression on her face and asked Park Haejin instead, "how about you Ms.Park?"

Park Haejin looked a bit hesitant after seeing Han Shinwoo get thrown off. "I—

Prince Levi showed a very rare and slight smile as if he found her hesitance amusing, "I'll sit with you, Temis won't misbehave that way."

Truth be told Prince Levi rarely smiled but when he did, rather than stunning, it was a reassuring smile that kind that made you feel everything would be alright.

Park Haejin agreed and Prince Levi helped her mount then sat behind her, "I'll hold the reins," minding where he placed them, Prince Levi's arms went around Park Haejin and he held the leather reins firmly before saying, "Artemis, fly," his tone actually had a suppressed tinge of mischief that Park Haejin failed to notice.

Artemis unfolded his wings and with a single and powerful flap he was airborne.

Who was it that said Artemis wouldn't misbehave if he sat with them? Liar!

Liar! Liar! Liar!

Artemis decided that since his master was there to ensure their safety, he could do as he wanted and he wanted to show these (lowly) people how amazing he was!

Each flap of his wings became stronger and stronger as he ascended. The dust rose and spun about in a number of whirlwinds.

Kim Jaehyun and the others pulled back to avoid it. They could hear the knights muttering to each other in expectant voices.

"He's going to do that,isn't he?"

"Artemis always does that when someone rides with His highness."

"I bet you that's exactly what His highness wants."

"Poor girl," another knight sighed.

Han Shinwoo, Lee Byeol and Kim Jaehyun watched as Artemis rose high above the ground and continued to ascend slowly moving his position to a vertical one as he shot upwards like a rocket and then he came to a halt.

Suspended for a moment, Park Haejin had a bad premonition but it was too late, gravity tugged on Artemis' large body and then he began falling rapidly.

At first it seemed like he would fall right onto his back making Park Haejin scream in terror then he turned his body skilfully in mid air so it was more like he was diving downwards with his wings tucked in.

Just when they were a few metres away from the ground, Artemis opened his wings and flapped, lifting away from the ground at an impressive speed.

Artemis felt satisfied after making the second person who dared to ride on his back scream. He circled around in a loop a few times before finally landing on the ground.

Park Haejin immediately dismounted and then wretched terribly. Everything she'd eaten earlier left her stomach. Her shoulders and legs were trembling and she looked pitiful.

Even if one had rode on a roller coaster once before, riding an actual 'flying beast' was a completely different experience, especially if the beast you rode on was the arrogant Artemis.

Prince Levi looked towards Park Haejin for only a moment before turning to Kim Jaehyun, he had the same reassuring smile as he said, "your turn."

The four finally realised something and that was that it was never a good thing when the Prince of Frost and facial paralysis, Levi Ledris, smiled.

The knights were actually aware of this but dared not say anything... just so they could see someone else suffer the same fate they did.

That day, Han Shinwoo, Lee Byeol, Kim Jaehyun and Park Haejin all experienced extreme nausea and vomiting over and over again. The worst part was that the healers could simply heal them up and then the Prince of frost and facial paralysis would come with his 'reassuring' smile  and legendary beast (that was full of tricks he wanted to show off) and tell them to do it again.

It was hell, truly hell and that hell lasted on for a long... long time.

.
.
.
.

****
(A/N: If you like this story please remember to vote and leave a comment! See you in the next chapter!😁)