46. Convergence (IV): Chaos

(Meanwhile.......)

Amidst the thick intertwined branches of the dense forest, a small vortex opened, it was wide enough to fit a single person at a time.

The vortex was dark and if one looked into it they wouldn't be able to see a thing, like looking at a starless night sky, it was nothing but darkness.

Then in the flash of a second a person fell out of that portal. He was breathing heavily and barely managed to crawl up to a tree.

Zhang Jue coughed, reaching a hand up to touch his neck as he struggled to breathe, he was in so much pain but he had to force himself to keep moving.

The portal behind him had already closed and he immediately began drawing a rune on the ground. The corrupted spirit he used gave off an ominous glow as the teleportation rune was activated and another portal opened up underneath Zhang Jue.

He fell through it and roughly landed in another place but it was still within Ifvnar.

Zhang Jue didn't have enough strength to handle a long distance teleportation runeand additionally he wasn't familiar enough with this world to know where to go, so he made due with traversing short distances at a time as fast as he could.
Besides it would be harder to track him if he used this method.

He was desperate, he finally managed to escape from that womans grasp so he couldn't give in now, he had to keep going lest they capture him once more for their experiments.

Soon as he landed, he drew another rune and just like before it opened up and he dragged his ragged body through it, collapsing on his knees as soon as he arrived at the other end.

"I.... I need to keep moving... I need to warn someone.... before it's too late...." Zhang Jue coughed, his voice was raspy, one could easily tell it was from screaming far too much.

Zhang Jue drew another rune and fell through the portal when it opened up. When he'd done this for the nth time he'd finally depleted all his strength.

He knew that that woman had probably already sent her underlings to search for him and if they found him it'd really be over. He definitely wouldn't have the chance to escape again.

Zhang Jue crawled up to a tree, he struggled till he managed to rest his back against it.

He was completely worn out and in so much pain, so much so that he couldn't even cry despite the writhing despair in his heart.

He felt as if the corrupted spirit inside him was eating away at him. It'd taken over his body hence his current appearance, the ghastly pale skin, dark veins and completely black eyes, unlike a regular person would, he didn't die. The corrupted spirit didn't kill him.

At this point he just wanted to die, he was too tired.

"Help me... someone please help me...." he weakly called out but just like before there was no one to come save him.

Zhang Jue could only pray that those people wouldn't find him.. at least for a little while longer.

Just a little longer

Seeing as he couldn't go on, he thought to himself.... a few days.... if not, if I can't find anyone to pass on this message then it'll be better to kill myself, at least that will put a dent in her plans and I can finally join my brothers.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"What do you think?"
A young man perched in a tree looked down on what seemed to be a gathering of vines that were so densely packed together they seemed to be wrapped around something. They writhedand tighter auspiciously.
"We have clean up this place too."