chapter 12

Eight years later

Anna's POV

Finally I'll be going back today, I'll get to see Eric, Lawrence and everyone.

I looked at the massive building,my aunt really has some resources but what was bothering me was that whenever I brought a matter about my mom, she would evade it by bringing up another topic.

Dad's been calling with different numbers lately and mostly through a phone booth.

" Are you ready dear?" My aunt asked.

" Yes, Melinda" I replied.

She told me to call her that in case you are wondering why I called her by name. She says calling her aunt makes it sound like she was old.

She's a neurosurgeon though I've never been to her place of work and she travels frequently too.

She held my hand.

" I'll miss you"

" Me too aunt"

" Make sure you go straight home  when you get back, you are no longer familiar with the streets you know"

" Yes"

" Good, I'll come visit when I have time okay?"

" Okay"

She hugged me for sometime before she released me.
I got into the cab with my belongings.

What she didn't notice was the way the smile on her aunt's lips vanished when she entered the car.

Unknown 's POV

I picked up my phone which had been ringing unceasingly since I sent out the text that says " she's back". Which was annoying because I was relaxing in the pool now with a chilled glass of wine.

" Hello"

" Do you really mean it? "

" What are you talking about?" I feigned ignorance.

" The text"

" Oh, yeah. It's true"

" So when do we strike?"

" Where would she probably go after been away for so long?" I asked smiling even though I was irritated, he should have known what to do but I didn't want to show it.

"Her father's house"

" That's right, the street just before house is where she should meet her doom"

" What about the papers?"

" Those are fake but she shouldn't know, she thinks she has something valuable by now."

" So there's no need to collect them back"

" No need, they should burn along with the car."

" Yes, ma." He cut the call .

"Stupid sister, you really thought going against me was the best but where are you now and that husband of yours is no good. He tried to cut off communication but he didn't think about my connections."

"Tsk, tsk. He must have been following the words of that measly bodyguard of yours, making him witness your death wasn't enough now was it.

Anyway, he'll be the next after Anna"

I drank the remaining contents of the glass and stepped out.

" Hahahaha"

I laughed out loud, after waiting for long the last threat should be eliminated today.

I put on my black hat, wrapped my towel around my self and stood up. She should pass there in two hours time, I won't miss a good show you know.

Dear niece, why do you have to be in the way, what a waste of a pretty face.

I took my keys and left.

I must dress up at once.

A/n: I'm sorry for the short chapter, the story is already getting close to the end so all chapters from now on might be as short as this one. Thanks for all your support so far😋