Chapter 23

I kept thinking of my boss's ridiculous mission, I was hiding behind a small kiosk watching as she continued to shop.

' this is unbelievable'

But now I thought about it, it's all he could do to satisfy his conscience and I realise that I really don't blame him, I would have done the same.

Earlier that day

I had walked into into Eric's office to inform him if a pending meeting with the board of directors he had been pushing back.I knocked the first time there was no reply but I knew that by waiting outside I would be wasting my time so I  walked in because I was sure he was inside.

I saw him slumped against the sofa, he looked like a child who had his favourite toy taken away from him, it reminded me of those days he would have to go somewhere with Lisa. It was always funny to see him someone had always acted like he had facial paralysis showing any expression and I always laugh whenever he did so like I was laughing hard now.

I sat in front of him still laughing, I had long forgotten what I came to do as I continued to laugh at him.

The glacier king finally moved to look at me before frowning, yeah he always does that whenever he sees me ever since I started working with him.

"Brian"

Okay, I know he doesn't call me by that name unless it's something serious.

We stared at each other and I wondered why he was like that, it's either his parents or he had really seen Lisa.

" Your parents called?" I asked.

He shook his head and adjusted himself on the seat.

" No, it's Anna"

" Anna? As in the one from high school?"

He looks at me as if wondering why he's still friends with me then he looked away and nodded after sometime.

" She's back?" I asked and adjusted on my seat looking at him intently.

" I don't know"

I threw him a questioning glance.

" I want you to investigate someone for me" he said.

" Who?"

" Carla"

" Let me get something straight"

I said and paced around the room for sometime before halting in front of him and looked at him directly.

" You think Carla is Anna."

Looking at it he had a point, I just didn't notice it yesterday, they had the same eyes and if you were very close to Anna you would think she was the one at first glance.

I looked at my lovestruck boss, he has not been himself since then, what is he planning to do now? If Carla is Anna, how will he handle himself ?

Somewhere in the city

" Scumbags, idiots!!" She continued to shout at the men in front of her thrashing anything that crosses her path, even when with her men she keeps the veil on.

" Useless fools!!"

With a swift movement of her hands she swept everything on the table to the ground some of which  broke as they made contact with the ground and littered the floor.

The men before her were shaking with terror keeping it in their minds that no matter how ruthless they were, there was someone more ruthless than them and that person was no other than their boss, this woman standing in front of them.

She was ferocious like a beast when upset and could kill for ridiculous reasons just like when she had killed their former boss the day the planned accident failed, she had shot him on the head claiming that he was breathing too loud that he was interrupting her train of thoughts. So they all knew better than to talk and allow her to vent her anger while trying as much as possible shield themselves from whatever may be thrown their way.

When she finally stopped, she was panting heavily.

She couldn't believe it, she just couldn't, this was the first time she had miscalculated,how come she never noticed any signs of trailing? It must have been these damned fools. She turned to the men behind her.

' fools'

She faced the other man in the room.

" Charles" she beckoned to her Personal assistant who had been scrutinizing the room to find out what was missing, he was the other man.

" Boss" he replied.

" What did you find ?" She asked.

" The X - file has been taken" he replied as he showed her the perfectly burnt edge of the sealed package.

" Shit!"

' crash'

A vase with she had been holding crashed into the wall where Charles's head had been resting seconds ago. The guy was really quick to dodge,having worked by her side for a few years now, he had gained some experience.

" What do we do?" She asked

" I don't know" he replied and looked for any danger signs but there were none.

" They have a lead now" he added.

" Damn"

Her phone vibrated and she picked up after looking at the caller ID.

" Hi, mom" a girl's voice echoed in the room.

" Yes?" She replied

" Uh, did you forget?"

" What?"

" Mom, we are meeting with Eric's family tonight"