chapter 5

Eric's POV

I didn't mean to do what I did, now Anna's going to hate me for good, I tried to follow them outside but I knew that the more I tried to clarify what happened, the more trouble I would bring to her.
To be honest I didn't know what to do, this kind of situation happened before and I told my mom that I wanted a face surgery but she was like

" It's not your fault that you are the way you are, it's mine and your Dad's fault. If our genes didn't combine to make a good baby like you, you won't have to face all these so you don't have to feel guilty about anything, you just need to learn how to be brave. How to tell people to stop what they are doing and start taking you serious, show them that you are not someone who they can decide his fate. That's all you need to do"

Well, I guess she's right, since I got transferred to this school, I tried to keep a low profile and that's how I ended up having no friends.

I finally had a seat partner and I had a feeling that we would be friends but I just lost her. Maybe, it's about time I start to make everyone take me seriously but I decided to let this one go.

I would start showing them the real me tomorrow and I would also apologize to Anna.

Today, I told off every girl that approached me and I got rid of their letters. I wrote a letter of apology for what happened yesterday and decided to give it to Anna.

" Focus Eric, is there anything troubling you that I need to know?" Mrs Leslie, our french teacher asked.

I shook my head, I was really distracted it's almost break time and Anna is nowhere to be found. I think she won't be coming to school today, is she still mad at me? I guess I should ask Lisa, she's her only close friend for now

" Um, excuse me" I tried not to panic, this is the first time I would be talking to a girl on my own accord.

Lisa looked up, she seemed shocked for some time before she regained her composure.

" Hi" she replied and continued to write.

" Erm, when would Anna be coming back to school?" I asked

" And why do you care if I may ask?" She replied.

" I want to apologise to her"

" I don't know" she said and stood up to walk away. I quickly held her and said

" I'm serious, I really want to apologise" she looked at me see if I was serious.

" Okay, she will be coming tomorrow" and she walked away but I didn't try to stop her, I smiled instead.

Anna came to school today true to Lisa's words but she doesn't seem interested in talking to me. She didn't even make eye contacts , I had to talk to her.

After class, I walked up to her, She didn't even glance at me and opened her locker.

" Hi" I said trying to get her attention.

" Oh, hi" she said still busy with her locker, I had no choice but to close the locker and I did the right thing because she looked at me.

" Yes?"

" Anna, i sorry for what happened that day, I really wanted to say something but I knew i would only be bringing you trouble. I'm sorry for not doing anything, I admit that I'm a coward but I've changed now. I'm so sorry Anna, can we be friends?"

I waited for some time but she didn't say anything, she just kept looking at me and I felt uncomfortable. I was about to tell her that's it's okay if she hates me but she finally said something

" Apology accepted"

"Really?" I asked, to be honest I was expecting her to slap me or just do something bad to me but she forgave me .

" Yeah, but you're not a coward. I can see that you've made some adjustments these past days and it's not bad" she stretched out her hand

" Friends?" She asked. I was very happy. I shook her hand and replied

" friends"

Anna's POV

It's been a week since I became friends with Eric, yeah I finally learnt his name. He has a simple personality but he still doesn't have many friends because Lisa and I are the only friends he has even though he's more close to me than Lisa.

We hang out together in school, he always waits for me in front of the school gate every morning and we have lunch together.

I noticed that he's very brilliant so I usually ask him to explain things I don't understand to me. We just had our tests and guess what, Nancy reported me to my stepmother that I scored more marks than her.

Yeah, I also can't believe that and my stepmother made sure I had no time to study at home. She also made mention of me stealing her crush or something like that and they still bully me in school because I'm friends with Eric and they also refused to make friends with me.

Thanks for reading, I hope you are enjoying the story, I love you guys😘