Only True Friend

Later that day after school, I got a call from Robby. He wanted me to come over and hang out with him so I agreed. I walked over to his apartment about 20 blocks away and knocked on the door. He opened it with a smile and let me in. We'd been friends for as long as I could remember. We sat on the couch together and watched Fast and Furious 2. It was around 1 in the morning when I started to feel sleepy. My parents never minded before when I slept over at Robby's house so I knew it was okay. Robby was looking at something on his laptop with his headphones around his neck. I cuddled up next to him and he wrapped his arm around me. My eyes were closed but I wasn't sleeping. I also had my headphones around my neck for when his mom would come home.

We heard the door open and I looked up from Robby's shoulder. I saw his mom and some guy walk in. She was clearly drunk and she took her shoes off. They headed for her bedroom and shut the door. Knowing what to do, Robby and I both put our headphones on and turned on our music loudly so we wouldn't hear anything. I rested my head back on Robby's shoulder and closed my eyes again. I fell asleep and woke up to the sound of my alarm. I knew this was going to happen so I was careful not to wake Robby who had fallen asleep next to me. I got dressed and did my hair in his bathroom, put my old change of clothes into my bag and went to school, leaving him a note and a soft kiss on his forehead.

Lunch rolled around and the boys and I were planning on inviting Aisha over to our table. We got our lunch when we saw Kyler and Sam talking. It didn't look like a friendly talk to say the least, more or less an argument. Kyler looked around at everyone watching them after Sam pushed his lunch tray off the table.

"Hey guys!" Kyler yelled in front of the whole lunch room. "You know that billboard with that big-ass dick on it? Guess Sam takes after her dad."

The room erupted with laughter. Demetri sort of chuckled but Miguel, Aisha, Eli and I didn't even giggle. Miguel was burning with anger which I could tell and threw his tray down.

"Hey Kyler!" He yelled. "Why don't you shut the hell up and stop being such an asshole?"

Before I knew it, Miguel and Kyler were in the heat of a fight and not to my surprise, Miguel was actually winning. He was kicking Kyler's ass! Miguel won the fight and the room was overtaken with clapping and cheering. He stood on top of one of the tables and looked around to see Kyler and his gang of friends laying on the floor, knocked out. I was so proud of Miguel for standing up for Sam. I was smiling brightly for him and clapping too.