An Unsteady Feeling

It had been a few days since Robby was taken away to Juvie. I was going to Johnny's apartment and I'd been visiting Miguel for a while. I was still skipping school. I was too broken to go focus on any school work. 

I came to the apartment and saw a note on Johnny's table. It read, 'Gone to see Bobby. Sorry Y/N.' I rolled my eyes and then opened his computer. I typed in the password and found the address of the church Bobby worked at. 

I called up an Ober and drove to the location. People were coming out and I walked in looking for the two men. I saw them sitting at the front of the alter. Johnny was eating coffee cake while talking to Bobby. Johnny was clearly in his aftermath drunk state. I walked up to them, arms crossed. 

"What are you doing here?" Johnny asked me. 

"I came looking for you. I found your note on the table, went into your computer, and found the location to this place." I explained.

"Wait, how'd you get into my computer?" Johnny asked.

"I set up your password, dumbass."

"Hey, watch the language, kid, you're in a church." Bobby said holding a stern finger up.

"Anyway, Johnny what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Everything that happened to Robby was caused because I wasn't there for him." Johnny explained sadly.

"Just because you weren't there for him before, doesn't mean you can't be there now. He needs you, even if he won't admit it himself." I said. Bobby nodded in agreement to my statements. 

"I'm not even allowed to see him." Johnny said. 

"Well then, how about we make a deal? You promise yourself to do positive things. Be a better person." Bobby suggested.

"I already tried that. I put everything I had into my students, taught them to be tough and show mercy. I thought I was doing the right thing." Johnny explained.

"And you were." I said.

"Yeah, then why did all of this happen? You wanna punish me, fine. But Robby and Miguel are just kids." 

"I know. I know. It isn't fair. You gotta remember, you don't do the right thing because it always works out, you do the right thing because it's the right thing to do."

"Johnny," I started. "Both Miguel and Robby need you. And you need to be there for both of them, weather it works out or not." 

"I can help with Robby. The detention center will let you in if accompanied by a member of the clergy. How about we meet there tomorrow?" Bobby asked.

"Can I come too? I want to see Robby. Tell him I'm sorry." I asked.

"Don't you have school?" Bobby asked.

"No."

"She's been skipping." Johnny told him. 

"Not recently, I've just been calling in sick. But tomorrow's Saturday anyway."

"Fine, you can come." Bobby said.

"That'd be great." Johnny said.

"Good."

I drove Johnny's minivan that was from Daniel's dealership back to his apartment with him in the passengers seat. I had gotten a text from Sam about a car wash fundraiser for Miguel's surgery bill. I went to the car wash and saw Demetri and the other Miyagi-Do students along with Moon and the cheer squad. 

"Hey, baby. I felt like I haven't seen you in forever." I said to Demetri as I pulled him into a hug. I released and pecked his lips. 

"Hey, I know you're upset about Robby but please try to loosen up and have some fun today." He said compassionately.

"I will. At least, I'll try." I said half smiling. 

It had been a few hours at the car wash and I had gone home. I went to bed and stared at the ceiling for about half an hour before falling asleep.

Flashback/Dream 

I was walking down the hallway on my first day of school. I was on my way to science and was looking down at my phone scanning my schedule for a room number. I was so distracted that I ran into another student. I dropped my stuff and started to apologizing repeatedly.

"I'm so sorry, I should have been paying attention to where I was going." I said beginning to pick my stuff up. 

"It's fine. Let me help you." The boy said helping me. I looked up at him for the first time. He had blonde hair that was about shoulder length and light brown eyes. 

"I'm Y/N L/N." I said holding my hand out.

"Robby Keene." He said shaking it.

Flashback/Dream Ends

I woke up and got dressed in a blue T-shirt and jeans. I grabbed my bag and downstairs and I saw Bobby waiting in his car. I got in the passenger's seat and he started driving. 

"You ready to see Robby." He asked.

"Yeah, no, maybe. I don't know. 

We arrived at the detention center and came into a room where there were metal tables and chairs. We sat at one of them and waited for Robby and Johnny to come. Robby came and sat down in front of us. I smiled softly at him and he smiled back. We waited and waited for Johnny but he wasn't coming. Robby bounced his knee impatiently.

"Robby, I'm sorry." I said to him.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I'm just glad to see you." He said smiling at me. 

Bobby checked his watch and sighed. 

"Hey, just give him a little more time, okay?" Bobby said snapping Robby out of this gaze he had. Robby shock his head in disapproval.

"He's not coming. I knew it." Robby said getting up.

"Robby," I started.

"It was good to see you Y/N, but I gotta go." He said sadly.

I felt my heartbreaking. Bobby sighed again and placed a hand on my shoulder. I wanted to cry. Bobby drove me to Miyagi-Do because Sam had text me saying to meet her there. I got out of the car and thanked Bobby for trying to help with Robby and for driving me. 

I entered the dojo and went to the back were all the Miyagi-Do students were. Nate had a few cuts and bruises on his face and arms. I looked at him curiously.

"Don't ask." He said to my reaction.

"Okay......what did you want me to come here for, Sam?" I asked.

"We are going to be training." Sam said with a cunning grin on her face. Demetri smiled at me and nodded his head. 

"What?" I said confused.

"Cobra Kai's never stopped training. We have to catch up. If that means me taking the reins then so be it." Sam explained.

"I, for one, am ready to add a few new moves to my repertoire." Demetri said making karate moves with his hands.

"Hold on a sec. What id your dad finds out?" Nate asked.

"He won't. He's out of town." Sam said with a grin. They looked at me expecting my answer.

I felt a strange feeling boiling inside of me. Even after everything that karate has done to my friends, she still wanted to keep going. 

"You just don't give up, do you?" I asked her. Their faces changed to confused ones.

"What do you mean?" Chris asked.

"All of this happened because of karate. You honestly think I would want to continue with all of this. I joined Miyagi-Do to find myself, to get away from drama and what did it do? It dragged me head first into the drama. I'm done with this place." I explained and walked out of the property.