I've Missed You

I sat next to Shannon and waited for something to happen. I heard a bing from my phone and looked down to see it was Demetri texting me.

Demetri: Miguel woke up from his coma!

Me: Really! That's awesome! Tell his mom I'll stop by later to see him!

Demetri: I will!

I looked up to see Robby. I felt my heart jump at the sight of him and I got up quickly and wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. I started to sob and I felt his arms wrap around my body.

"I've missed you so much." I told him sobbing.

"I know and I'm so so sorry. I've been getting all your calls and I've been letting it go to voicemail because I was afraid that you hated me. I just don't know who to trust anymore." He explained and I could hear the tears in his voice.

"I could never hate you, Robby. I'm just glad to see you."

"I should have never gotten involved in the fight. It's all my fault." He said crying into my shoulder.

"Robby..." I trailed off as I looked into his brown eyes. He looked down at me with a sad and ashamed expression.

We sat down as he mom left to get him something to eat. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Robby had changed so much in so little time and I didn't know how to process it all. He'd cut his hair short to make him less recognizable, he was wearing a wet and sweaty grey shirt and sweatpants and he looked exhausted. He mom came back with a sandwich and some fries for him.

"Hey. It's going to be okay, Robby." She told him. He didn't look too convinced. He couldn't look me in the eye and I didn't know why.

"She's right, we'll figure this out together." I told him compassionately. 

Daniel arrived at the gate and Shannon left to talk to him. I sat with Robby who was eating the food Shannon had brought him. 

"Robby..." I started. I knew what I wanted to say but I didn't know what words to use. I don't know why but I felt guilty for what happened at the school fight. "Robby, why won't you look at me?" I asked him.

He looked up form his food and I could see tears beginning to form in his eyes. "Because I failed you." He told me.

"Failed me? Robby, you didn't fail me." I said confused.

"Yes I did. When I joined Miyagi-Do and stopped hanging around Trey and Cruz, I wasn't doing it just for me, I was doing it for you too. When I realized that you were right about Trey and Cruz and the situation I was in, I felt so guilt for not listening to you, so I changed myself for you." He explained.

"Robby, if anything, I failed you. I should have been there for you sooner. I shouldn't have been so worried about Demetri and Eli, I should have helped you instead." I told him.

"No, not you shouldn't. You shouldn't have to choose between your friends. How did you even get involved in the first place?" 

"Hawk pulled me in."

"Of course he did. You were just trying to keep your friends from killing each other over something stupid." 

"Feels like I've been doing that all summer. But I failed. I failed you, I failed Miguel, Demetri, Eli, Sam, Tory, I failed everyone by not keeping them in line."

"You shouldn't have to. Y/N, you should have to choose sides. The person we have to blame for that is me, I'm the one who suggested for you to join Miyagi-Do."

"Robert Swayze Keene, don't you dare blame yourself for other people's mistakes!" I said sternly. "I know you feel it's the best thing you can do right now, but putting all the blame on yourself is too much." 

Daniel walked over and sat next to me. I looked at Robby, smiled softly at him and walked to go with him mom, leaving him and Daniel to talk. I saw two cops walking towards were Robby and Daniel were. I walked with Shannon and saw Robby getting arrested. 

Shannon pulled me close to her so I could cry as they took Robby away. I'd just found him and now I lost him again.