Trapped

The days seemed to travel on slower and slower. Even through I wanted revenge on Demetri and Yasmine, the fights and reasons the other Cobras had didn't mean anything to me. Sometimes I wondered if I was truly on their side or not. While I liked and missed the things I was taught at Miyagi-Do, I knew I couldn't go back there and if I did, I'd have a target on my back. I'd become a traitor and a target for Cobra Kai. In my anger, I had caught myself up in a lose lose situation. 

This specific day that I went to the dojo, Robby was already there. I had walked with Tory and Kyler that day. Robby was dressed in a gi and he looked ready for something. What that something was, I couldn't tell you. Everyone dropped their stuff on the floor. 

"Get a load of this chump." Kyler started. "What are you doing here?"

"Sensei Kreese isn't back yet. So I'm going to get you guys warmed up." Robby explained. 

"You've never been a part of this team and you think you're our Sensei?" Kyler said in disgust. 

"Yeah. Who says we even want you?" Tory asked him.

Robby looked around before saying, "Ok hit me."

Everyone stood in silence. Robby continued. "Any of you. If any of you can land a hit, I'll go."

Everyone started fighting Robby, trying their hardest to land a hit on him or even knock him to the ground. I didn't try, I knew I couldn't even if I gave 200% of my energy. Robby was a much better fighter than me. The last to try was Tory and not to my surprise, she did it. They stared at each other for a moment, both breathing heavily from the action. 

"A deal's a deal." Robby said. "I'll go."

Robby turned to leave and before he got out the door, Tory yelled, "No." He turned to look at her. "Stay." She said.

After training, Robby and I went into the back room to practice on our own. I could tell he knew something was wrong. He flipped me and I moaned in pain. "Asshole." I said silently.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"Nothing." I lied, getting up.

"You're lying. What's the matter, Y/N?"

"I don't exactly know.  I want revenge on Demetri but I don't at the same time. I don't feel like I belong at Cobra Kai but I can't go back to Miyagi-Do. Honestly, I preferred Miyagi-Do over Cobra Kai. It fit me more. But, if I go back there, I'm dead. On both sides. I'm trapped." I explained to him.

"If you're only staying here because I'm here and because you're scared of losing more people than you've already lost, you don't have to. Go to someone who you feel will understand. You don't have to stay at Cobra Kai simply because I'm here."

I thought about it as I changed in the bathroom into regular clothes. Once everyone left, I checked to see if Kreese was in his office, which he wasn't. Then, I left my gi on his desk and headed for a place I never thought I'd go.