A Possible Shot at Redemption

I stood in the driveway of the LaRusso's house. I slowly walked to the door and hesitated to ring the doorbell. But I did anyway. Amanda opened the door. She looked at me for a moment before saying, "Y/N? What are you doing here?"

I looked down at the ground before looking back up and saying, "I need your family's help." She nodded and said, "Come on in."

I walked into the house. I heard multiple voices coming from the dining room and kitchen. They were all familiar. Voices I knew I'd heard countless times before. I took off my shoes and put my bag with them. I followed Amanda into the dining room. At the table, I saw a lot of people I was certain would have killed me at first sight. Daniel, Sam, Miguel, Johnny, Carmen, and Anthony were all seated at the table. They stopped talking and all stared at me.

"What's she doing here, Mom?" Sam asked.

"I came to talk to Daniel and Amanda, but I can come back another day, or not at all. Whichever is preferred." I said.

"No, no, no." Daniel said, getting up from his seat. "We'll go talk in another room. Come on."

I followed him and Amanda into their living room. We all sat down on the couch. I played with my hands and sat in the silence, thinking of something to say. 

"What do you want to talk about?" Daniel asked me.

"I don't know what to do. I joined Cobra Kai to get revenge on Demetri, thinking it was the right thing, which I'm now starting to believe was a huge mistake. I quit Cobra Kai today so now Kreese knows I'm not on their side and now I'm going to have a target on my back. Robby says to do what I want to do but I don't know what to do because I want to go back to Miygai-Do because it was the right place for me. If I do, it'll be suicide. You saw how everyone looked at me when I walked in. Either way I lose." I explained, tears forming in my eyes. 

"Listen Y/N, revenge is never the answer to any problem. I get it, you were upset and in the heat of the moment, you did things you regret. You can't let it define who you are. You're a good kid. I will gladly accept you back into Miygai-Do.  Why don't you start by joining us for dinner?" Daniel said.

"Oh no, I couldn't. I don't want to intrude." I said.

"No, I insist."

I smiled and followed them into the dining room. Amanda got another plate and set of utensils from the kitchen and sat me in between Anthony and Johnny. I sat there quite awkwardly. Johnny looked over at me. 

"How have you been kid?" He asked.

"I'm trying." I said.