Another Shot

I'd finally decided to go back to school, only I couldn't sit with my normal friend group so I went to the gym's training room to do some punching on the punching bag at school. I was so frustrated with how my life has been going right now. Robby's in the detention center, Miguel's in the hospital, and everyone else is untrustworthy. I'd manage to avoid talking to Demetri all day. I didn't want him to see me like this; all sad and angry. 

Another reason was Yasmine was hanging around him recently and I really didn't feel like seeing her on a daily basis. Was I suspicious of Yasmine? Yes, of course I was. She all of a sudden wants to hang around my boyfriend. But I trust that Demetri and that's all I need to do. Just trust. 

When lunch was over, I sat on the grass doing homework when I looked up to see the Miyagi-Do students and the Cobra Kai students beating on each other during a soccer game. 

I didn't know what was going on but I didn't like it. The two groups went to the principal's office. I went home after school and laid on my bed. I got a call from Demetri but ignored it. He called some more and I ignored them all. Then I heard a knock on my bedroom door and then I heard it open.

"Hey, what's wrong baby?" It was Demetri and if I was being honest with myself, I needed him.

"Demetri..." I said beginning to sob. 

"Hey, hey." He said softly laying next to me. I turned to face him and cried some more. He pulled me into his chest as I sobbed. "Listen to me, everything is going to be fine. Robby, Miguel, Johnny, everything is going to be fine."

"You don't know that." I told him. His phone went off and he check it. It was from Sam. "We're going to the arcade to confront the Cobra Kai's about the soccer game, maybe you could try talking to Eli?"

"Sure." I said as we got up and went to his car. 

We arrived at the arcade and met up with the others.

"Wait, Y/N. You were willing to come." Nate asked.

"Yes, I want to talk to Eli." I told them.

"It's worth a shot." Sam said smiling at me. "Anyway, where are they?"

"They snuck into the old laser tag place next door." Chris said.

"How many?"

"Four."

"Six of us. I like our odds."

"Sam are you sure about this?" Demetri asked her.

"We aren't on school property. This is our chance to fight back." Sam said.

"Fight back? I thought we were going to confront them." I said. I looked at Demetri and he looked away. "You lied to me?" 

"I didn't lie, I just didn't tell you everything." Demetri argued.

"Yeah that's still a lie, Demetri." I said getting mad. 

They walked off and went to the laser tag place. Everyone started fighting and I just stood their watching. I didn't want to fight anyone, not after what happened in the school fight. I then saw Tory walked in and we made eye contact. She just looked at me for a moment with a blank expression and I did the same. She looked away.

"Sam LaRusso!" She yelled. "Where are you, bitch?"

Before Tory arrived, the Miyagi-Do's were winning but now one by one they lost. I watched as the choas unfolded. I wanted to help but my feet wouldn't move. I wouldn't let them. That was until Hawk had thrown Demetri to the floor and got a strong hold on his arm. 

"Eli!" I yelled running towards them. He looked up at me with a smirk. "Stop! Let him go!"

"Listen to her, Eli! Stop! Don't do it! No!" Demetri yelled in a panic. I went to help but two Cobras held me back to stop me. I struggled against their grip as Demetri kept begging Hawk to let him go. The Cobras were telling Hawk to go through with it but I kept yelling along with Demetri for him to stop.

Hawk pushed Demetri's arm down the wrong way and he screamed out in pain. I screamed and started to sob as the two Cobras let me go. I pushed Hawk with sobbing but he didn't move much. He just stared down at Demetri's body as he screamed and yelled out in pain. 

The Cobras left and I sat beside Demetri sobbing intensely as he continued to wince in pain. I placed his head on my lap and ran my hands through his hair to try to comfort him. 

We arrived at the hospital and I sat with Sam as I waited for Demetri to come out of Emergency. I was still crying as I waited for him. Amanda come into the waiting room and was clearly mad. 

"Another karate fight? What the hell were you thinking?" She yelled.

"Mom...." Sam said.

"Oh baby." Amanda said sitting on the other side of Sam.

"They broke Demetri's arm." Sam sobbed. "I just wanted to show that we couldn't be bullied."

She cried into her mom's arm as Amanda comforted her.