Flipping the Script

I could hear Johnny making fun of Eli. I knew because I saw him and he kept saying 'lip.' After the class, Miguel and I spoke to him.

"Do you have to be so hard on them?" I asked him.

"Come on guys. They're a bunch of losers." Johnny said taking a sip of a beer.

"Yeah, well some of those losers are our friends." Miguel said.

"Yeah, that tracks." Johnny said rolling his eyes. 

"And they're your students." I said to him. "Look I get they're losers. Maybe we are too."

"Are you kidding me? Are you gonna cry too?" Johnny asked me.

"No, it's just.... you don't know what it's like to be us." I said and left the dojo.

The next day, I didn't go to the dojo; one because I was still mad at Johnny, two I'd finished the website, and three because Demetri had asked me to hang out with him at his house since both Miguel and Eli were now taking karate at Cobra Kai. I came into his room after his mom let me into the house. He was laying on his bed comfortably and it made him look really cute. I knocked on his door's frame and he looked up at me with a smirk.

"Hey, Demi." I said and sat down on his bed. He sat up and looked at me. His hair was messy and it made him look hot. I could tell he wanted to talk to me about something because his eyes were glowing.

"Y/N, did you see Eli?" He asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

I pulled up a picture from his phone and showed it to me. It was Eli but then it wasn't him. He had his hair styled in a mohawk and the tips of his hair were dyed a light blue. I smiled. I was proud of him for coming out of his shell and finding himself in a way he was comfortable. Demetri however didn't look very happy.

"What's wrong with that, Demi?" I asked him knowing he'd have a whole explanation for his reason.

"He looks like a hooker. Like he's part of a gang. My best friend looks like he's part of a gang and now calls himself, 'Hawk.' It's stupid and ridiculous." He explained to me.

"He's come out of his shell. He's finally gained confidence to not hide anymore. I'm proud and I think you should be to." I told him honestly.

"He hasn't even been in Cobra Kai for a week and he's already changing. What if he changes so much that he doesn't want to hang out with me? Then I'll be watching Doctor Who, Harry Potter and Star Wars all alone?"

"You have me. I'll come to watch it with you." I told him. He smiled and it made me blush a little. I hugged him and he was in shock, that I could tell. "Do you want to watch one now?" I asked him. He nodded and turned on Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. We sat on his bed and watched the movie.

"Are you ready for the practice test tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said.

The next day, Miguel, Demetri and I all had to sit in the same classroom for three periods straight for a practice test. I don't know what the point of it was but we had to do it. Monday was for students with last names of A-G, tomorrow was for students with the last names of H-N, Wednesday was for last names of O-U and Thursday was last names V-Z. I sat in between the two boys working hard on my practice test. We had five minutes left of the testing time and Miguel sighed heavily. Demetri and I looked at him.

"What's going on?" Demetri asked. "The test is almost over."

"It's just a practice test, relax." Miguel replied.

"Easy for you to say, you have a girlfriend." Demetri said and rolled his eyes. Miguel and I looked at each other confused.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked him.