Joining Miyagi-Do

I texted Johnny immediately and to my surprise, he wasn't upset about it. He told me I needed it. The next morning, I went with Hawk, Miguel, Demetri and Moon to the beach around 9 o'clock to play some volleyball. I wore a bikini top and some shorts. I slipped on a shirt I had in my bag and walked by myself to the location Robby sent me for the dojo. I came to a small property with a wooden fence around it. I opened the gate and walked around back where I saw both Sam and Robby practicing. Sam stopped and looked over at me with a smile. Robby turned around and smiled too. He ran to me and embraced me in a hug.

"I knew you'd come. So, are you ready to meet your Sensi?" Robby asked me smiling from ear to ear.

"Um, sure." I said as they took me into the dojo. I saw Daniel LaRusso doing some sort of meditation before he stopped and turned to me.

"Mr. LaRusso. This is Y/N L/N. She wants to learn some karate." Robby said introducing me to him.

"Great. Y/N, there's a paint brush and a bucket of paint on the porch, the fence could use a fresh coat." Daniel said to me. I looked at him confused and then looked to Sam, then Robby.

"Don't worry. Keep an open mind, it'll make sense later." Sam told me.

"I guess I have no choice." I said chuckling.

Robby showed me the movements for each chore and by the end of the mouth, I'd learned how to block attacks through muscle memory. Sam had started teaching me the movements for the kata as we waited patiently for any new students.

"We're going to preform at Valley Fest this weekend but Y/N you don't have to do anything because you don't know all the movements yet." Daniel explained.

"Oh, thank god. So, what will I do?" I asked.

"You could help my mom with the dealership display." Sam suggested.

"Sure. I'll be watching anyway. I'm going to Valley Fest with Moon and Demetri." I told them. Daniel drove us to the festival and I met Sam's mom, Amanda.

"Honey, this is Y/N. The newest addition to our dojo." Daniel said introducing me to her. I waved slightly and their performance was about to begin. They almost finished it but were interrupted by the sound of chanting from the other side of the festival. The Cobra Kai students came in loudly and performed their own demonstration. I watched along with Robby, Sam, Daniel and Amanda. I wasn't mad but I did think it was sort of rude. I watched as Hawk pulled Demetri up onto the stage as he handed him a board. He kicked the board and broke it leaving Demetri in shock that he didn't get kicked in the face. We left the festival around midnight and I went home and got some rest. Now that the school year was over, I'd be spending all summer with the students of Miyagi-Do Karate.

I got a call from Demetri while I walked into the gate at Miyagi-Do. "Hey, Demi." I said answering the phone.

"Hey, hopefully you'll get it. I went into Cobra Kai this morning and saw one of the Sensis, not the one before, the other one." He explained.

"What other one?"

"Right, you're not in Cobra Kai, you don't do karate."

"Actually, I do. I go to Miyagi-Do with Robby Keene and Samantha LaRusso."

"Oh, great." He said sarcastically.

"Look, Demetri, I don't need your sarcasm right now. Just tell me what happened."

"He punched me in the face!"

"You probably said something mean or annoying without intending to."

I came around back as he talked with me and Sam and Robby looked over at me as I talked.

"Look, Demetri, I gotta go. Talk to you later." I said and hung up the phone.