[ e i g h t ]

e i g h t
h u n t i n g  w e r e w o l v e s

CHRIS ARGENT TOSSED HIS BAG ON THE GROUND, MAKING AMELIA JUMP A BIT

"You're tracking them by print?" Asked the man and they nodded.

"Trying to."

Argent looked up towards the girl. "Aren't you supposed to be a hunter by birth?"

"I'm retired," reminded him the girl. "And I just track them by scent."

"Scent won't work, and tracking by print is a waste of time," let them know Argent. "There's only one creature on Earth that can visually track footprints, and that's man. And if you're not trained like me, you have no idea that this print is Boyd's and these..."

"Are Cora's," intervened Isaac proudly, making Argent exhale.

"Nope. They're yours." Amelia raised her eyebrows before looking at Isaac with a smile. "You trampled Cora's as soon as you walked over here." Isaac looked towards his feet before looking up again. "Listen, I know three of you are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon, but that puts you at severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who have fully given in. They put the pedal on the floor while you three are barely hitting the speed limit. And you guys have a tool that you aren't using."

Argent pointed at Amelia, making her exhale.

"Sealgairs are better than me. You need to stop thinking like a werewolf. Those three," he pointed at them, "they are werewolves. You aren't. You are a Sealgair, more specifically a Cercatori or Seeker. Your job is to look for the supernatural, but you need to stop guiding yourself by your werewolf abilities, that are extras to your normal ones, and go back to roots. Sealgairs are known for thinking three steps ahead."

"Own the chessboard," she heard Scott said, and Argent nodded.

"You just have to stop guiding yourself by smelling and hearing like a werewolf, and start smelling and hearing like a Sealgair."

"You mean... only be able to hear and smell werewolves, and differentiate them."

"I bet these three don't smell like wet dog to you."

It was true, it just that she thought she had just gotten used to it. Turns out she didn't.

"Go back to your roots. To catch werewolves, you need to think like a hunter. Think like a Sealgair, even if you don't want to."

Argent looked back at the rest again, Derek being the one who asked.

"So about us, what do we do?"

"Focus on your sense of smell," Argent told them. "Actual wolves are known to track their prey by up to 100 miles a day by scent. A trained hunter can use scent to track them."