[ t w e n t y ]

t w e n t y
s h e  t o o k  a m e l i a

t w e n t ys h e  t o o k  a m e l i a

"DEREK?" Exclaimed Ms. Blake as she entered Derek's apartment. "Derek where are you?"

"Right here," replied the werewolf as he stepped into the light, holding Amelia's necklace inside his fist.

"Oh, thank God," she mumbled before approaching him, wrapping his arms around him. "Something happened at the recital. At school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them," she insisted as she broke apart the hug, Derek staring at her.

"From who?"

She sighed. "Scott, Stiles. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me."

Derek was looking at her. "What is it?"

She was like begging. "Promise you'll listen to me."

"I promise."

The woman proceeded to give him a kiss on the lips before slowly breaking apart, looking at him while the thunders sounded in the background.

"They're already here, aren't they?"

Derek looked up to see Scott and Stiles show themselves, making the woman turn around.

"So, they told you it was me?" Blake asked as he stared at Scott and Stiles. "That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people," Scott snapped back.

"Oh, that's right," the woman chuckled. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats?" Derek closed his eyes, squeezing the necklace so hard in his hand that it hurt. "Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

"Where is Amelia and my dad?" Asked Stiles, looking at her with tears in his eyes.

"How should I know?" Jennifer questioned as he looked at Stiles before turning back to see Derek again. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

Derek stared at her for a few seconds before looking at the woman.

"You know who does this belong to?" Derek asked her as he showed her the necklace. It was silver, with the pendant of a bright purple heart. "To Amy... do you know what happened to her and Stiles's father?"

"No," she replied, shaking her head.

"She took her, Derek," insisted Stiles and Derek glanced towards him. "She took Amelia."

"And ask her why she almost killed Lydia," added Scott.

"Lydia Martin?" Asked Jennifer, acting surprised. "I don't know anything about that."

"What do you know?" Derek questioned, making her look at him.

"I know that these boys, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story," she told him angrily. "You have to believe me. You have to trust me."