48- Abducted!

Written: 1/15-16/21

Published: 2/11/21

How are you guys doin'?

Y/n and the scout regiment were going up the wall. Ymir was on a stretcher being lifted up. Steam emerged from her body, saying she was healing. Her right arm and leg were bitten off and her organs were like scrambled eggs. It was enough to kill any normal person.

Y/n turned her attention back on Reiner and Bertholdt. She internally sighed in sadness. These two really were hidden well. She saw Reiner was struggling to get on top of the wall. She could help him... but she also doesn't have to... Whatever. It would be beneficial if she helped him up. She kneeled down, outstretching her hand. "Reiner, grab on."

Reiner nervously eyed the hand. He uncertainly took it. "Thanks." She hauled him up. Y/n stole a glance over at Ymir. She was still steaming. Historia and Hanji were discussing Ymir's intentions. It was too complex to be decided there.

Y/n turned back to Reiner. She improvised a cast out of spare cloth for Reiner. He winced as Y/n assisted Armin up. "Are you okay, Reiner?" She asked.

Reiner held his face with his other hand. "No! A titan chewed through my arm!" Y/n was taken aback by his sudden outburst. "Sorry... Agh... What do I do... I might be done..."

Y/n eyed him carefully. What in the world was this guy's mental state? His arm was fine... he definitely didn't have it as bad as Ymir. She sighed. "So even someone as strong as you can think like that..."

Eren approached them out of curiosity.

"What are you talking about?" Reiner said. "This is the second time this has happened to me. Right Armin? I was stuck inside a titan's hand before. I've already had two near-death experiences. I'm not going to be around for much longer at this pace. I know I chose this path for myself, but it seems like being a soldier wears down your mind before your body... Well, I guess there's no time to whine when we still have a hole to plug."

"Yeah..." Eren said. "You guys just keep getting pulled farther away from your hometown... We need to stop that here."

"T-That's right, Reiner!" Bertholdt said, spreading his arms wide. "Our hometown! Let's go back!" Reiner, Eren, and Y/n eyed him confusedly. "We can already go home. Compared to everything we've been through, it's just a little bit farther! Just a few more things..."

Reiner was silent for a moment until he nervously smiled. "Oh yeah... We're really just a breath away, aren't we?"

"Huh?" Eren said.

"What are you guys talking about?" Y/n said.

Before they could answer, Hannes from the Garrison advance unit appeared on the wall. He said there was no hole. Ever was thoroughly baffled. Hanji, Moblit, and Y/n headed away. Y/n leaned in to their ears.

"Reiner is becoming shady..." Y/n whispered. "They might do something."

"Alright." The two said. "Noted."

Mikasa and Armin were following close behind. Hanji then began rambling on about the possibility of a digging titan. Moblit commented about how that would be troubling. Y/n glanced back and saw Reiner and Bertholdt talking to Eren. Her eyes narrowed. "Hey!" She called. "We're heading out!" She began walking with everyone again. She should've continued watching.

Reiner took off his cast with ease. Steam emerged from his injured arm. Y/n finally looked back when she heard Bertholdt say, "Are we doing it?! ...now?! Here?!"