18- Live

Published 11/20/20

      It was the week before the expedition. All of the lessons had been drilled into the quartet in the past few months. The scouts were given a day before an expedition to say goodbyes to their families and loved ones in case something happened. Therefore, the scouts were not present. The thugs did not really have any family so they hung out together that day, seeing as they themselves are each other's loved ones.

     "Guys." (Y/N) said. The other three looked at her. "Do you think, Squad Leader Erwin is here?" She asked. Seriousness flooded the room.

     Farlan looked at her with understanding. "I'm not sure, but it is possible superiors get the day off too. Or maybe they went off on a trip. But, it would be a perfect opportunity if so, right?" He asked even though it was more of a statement.

She nodded. Documents are often held in offices after all...

"I think you and I should go investigate Erwin's quarters." She told him.

     He nodded. He looked at Levi and Isabel. "You two should keep watch. If someone comes, stall for us until we give a signal." He told them. "If you give a signal, we'll get out of there as fast as we can."

     The other two nodded and with that, the other two rushed to Erwin's office. They huffed and panted as they ran to the other side of the grounds. Their boots on the cobblestone path. They came inside the building that held Erwin's office. Farlan would steal a few peeks at (Y/N) along the way. The two approached the door. Farlan was prepared for a locked door. He bent down and started to pick the lock while (Y/N) looked around the corners in the rare case someone would come down the hallway to see them breaking into a squad leader's office. They heard a click from the lock and (Y/N) rushed in a bit too fast and bumped into Farlan. She put a hand up in apology and they shook it off. He slowly opened the door to check if anyone was in there. The room was empty of humans. There were several shelves with books filling every vacant spot. A large square rug sat before the desk. It was surprisingly empty for an office furniture wise. However, there was also a surprisingly amount of unrelated documents scattered everywhere. Farlan searched the drawers beneath the bookshelves. (Y/N) quickly skimmed through the shelves, slightly pulling each book to see if there was anything behind. (Y/N) walked behind the desk after concluding nothing was in the bookshelves. She saw a drawer that seemed to open with a key. She whispered to Farlan to come over there.

     He observed and then looked at her. "It's almost as if this drawer is begging me to open it up. It would be the perfect spot for it, right?"

      She nodded, but still suspicious of the drawer. "Surely he's not that kind of careless person, squad leader Erwin?"

     Farlan shrugged as he picked the lock. When it clicked, he opened it to reveal more papers. (Y/N) took one and looked over the content. "It's secret stuff, that's for sure, but nothing that we need." She whispered. She sighed. "Is he trying to tell us it's not in this room?"

     As soon as she finished, she heard a sound like a person imitating an owl. That's the signal to get outta here! They both thought. Farlan shoved the drawer closed, locking it. (Y/N) straightened the books she had meddled with, which were all of them. They bolted out the door when they had finished.

     They ran through the corridors. They turned a corner... And ran head on into Levi and Isabel. The four decided they would tell each other the details later. The four went different directions since the person who caught them was staring towards them. Farlan knew (Y/N) well, so he was confident he knew what direction she took. He followed what route he was sure (Y/N) would have taken. Sure enough, he turned a corner, and there she was.