20- Depart!

Published 11/20/20

     It was the day of the expedition. Around noon, they were scheduled to depart from the southern gate of the Shiganshina district. The sun hand't rose yet and the scout regiment was making final preparations to set off. Loading gas canisters, blades, and extra gear onto the wagons. Also feeding,  watering, and caring to the horses. (Y/N) and Isabel were stroking their horses while holding a bucket of some freshly clipped grass for the animals to eat. The horses ate what seemed to be gleefully. Farlan and Levi were off somewhere talking.

    "Hey, (Y/N)." Isabel said.

    (Y/N) looked at her. "Yeah?" She asked.

      "I want you to know you don't have to worry about Farlan and I. I know you and Big Bro have been really worried about the two of us. But, we can fight and win! We'll prove it to you."

      (Y/N) widened her eyes a bit. She then let a small smile creep onto her face. "Yeah. Okay. Sorry for doubting you guys, I'll trust you." She said. However, her smile was to erase any thoughts Isabel had about her doubting her and Farlan. Her words were also to make it seem more real, too. I'm sorry, Isabel. But I'm not sure. She thought. (Y/N) went back to saddling her horse. It puffed its stomach out. (Y/N) sighed and kneed it in the stomach. Her horse looked disappointed, but understood. She then tightened the strap.

     Levi and Farlan could be seen from a little way's away, obviously walking towards them.When they had arrived in front of the two girls, Farlan took another step forward to grab their attention. "Levi and I are going to go on top of the wall. Care to join us?"

     The two girls agreed to come with the boys. They left their horses, and walked with them as they had done many times. There was scaffolding along the wall that allowed people to get on and off the walls. They boarded a scaffolding and was presented with the wires that led to the top.

    "Levi and I will haul us up." (Y/N) instructed.

      Farlan held a hand up. "No, wait, I'll do it with Levi." He did not want her to strain herself before an expedition.

    "No, it's okay." She insisted.

     Farlan eventually gave in and let her do it. She and Levi pulled the four of them to the top with ease. They were on top of the wall within minutes. (Y/N) and Levi synchronizing pulling the wires without a word. Pull. Pull. Pull. They had reached the top as the sun had begun rising. (Y/N), Farlan, and Isabel had rushed off to "get closer" to the sun. Levi locked the scaffolding so it wouldn't go crashing down on the people below. He then joined them on the side of the wall, legs dangling off. Countless shades of blue, pink, purple, and red twisted in the sky. Some clouds had formed in the sky, creating areas of shade beyond the wall.

      "Wow." (Y/N) exclaimed. This was possibly even better than the sky a few nights ago when Levi said he would allow them to come. The colors varied completely from the depressing colors in the Underground. The Underground mostly consisted of brown, tan, and gross shades of green.

    "That is so cool!" Isabel yelled.

    (Y/N) laughed. "Isabel, tone it down. Our superior officers are behind us."

     And it was indeed true. There were several people on the wall that morning and the majority of them were higher in rank than them. Including Erwin, Mike, Sairam, Flagon, a person with glasses and their tied up into a ponytail and her assistant. (Y/N) may have even caught Shadis up there, but she wasn't sure.

     "(Y/N). A moment." Levi called out suddenly. All three of them looked at him. He walked farther away form Farlan and Isabel to a different part of the wall. (Y/N) looked at Isabel and Farlan. She shrugged. She stood up and followed to where Levi was standing.